Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
arcegabriel
arcegabriel began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Automatic Select File Type

Hi,
I have some ebooks in different formats. Before that when I clicked download it would download epub if existed otherwise pdf. This would happen in the background and there would be no UX.
For some reason, now I get the option and have to check a box to download. Even if there is only epub, I have to tick the box "epub"
I would like to go back to how it was originally
Any help in how to resolve this?
arcegabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I assume that this is a calibre question -- that you are seeing this prompt in calibre. My guess is that in calibre you changed the default send to device behavior. If you click the down arrow on the send to device button then choose "Set default send to device action" and choose "Send specific format to" ..., calibre will ask you every time which format to send. To make that go away, choose "Send to main memory".

This old calibre thread goes through the issue in excruciating detail.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
arcegabriel

The problem is when using the cc demo client on Android connected to Calibre (as a content server - not wireless device connection)
In the past on cc demo app, I used to click download and it would automatically select the "default"? file type.
Now it asks me to tick a box (even when there is only one option)
I couldn't find the option mentioned above on calibre (not sure if relevant though). My calibre server is a recent version (upgraded within last week)
Android app is automatically updated.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcegabriel View Post
The problem is when using the cc demo client on Android connected to Calibre (as a content server - not wireless device connection)
In the past on cc demo app, I used to click download and it would automatically select the "default"? file type.
If you are tapping download in the CC content server book details display then CC asks for which format to download even if there is only one format. It has done that for the last 5 years.

If you long press on a book then CC will download the most preferred format where "preferred" is determined by the position of the format in the "Formats and folders" list.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
arcegabriel

Thanks, I might have gotten confused.
I am able to download default by long press