Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-16-2021, 07:40 PM   #541
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Plug your device in via USB and mount the internal filesystem, then unzip the device_cfg.zip file directly into that internal filesystem.

As far as the perfect settings go, it kind of depends on what you are reading, and a bit on your preferences. I suggest you play with all of the settings and see what you like, and what works better for different page layouts. I don't think there is just one set of settings that works well for everything.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:00 AM   #542
maydocsach
maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider71 View Post
I have a question about which version to use for the Pocketbook InkPad Color (PB741).

now have the pbimageviewer.app-v1.3.0-fwv6 on it but there are the comic black white
You need to change the Color Depth to 24 bit. Default value is 8 bit, so it’s just black & white.
maydocsach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:05 PM   #543
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maydocsach View Post
You need to change the Color Depth to 24 bit. Default value is 8 bit, so it’s just black & white.
The configuration file should do that for you. It will also set up the UI controls better. The program still runs without the configuration file, but it is better with it.

I uploaded the latest device_cfg.zip file to the first post. I added the configuration file for the 741 (thanks to @m4mmon for that).

Last edited by rkomar; 03-19-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #544
rkomar
Wizard

I uploaded version 1.3.1 to the first post. The new version adds the current stats using the bookstate API when closing the archive. That allows the front page to be updated properly even when pbimageviewer.app is started from the Applications tab. Thanks to @m4mmon for providing the patch for that.

@m4mmon also provided instructions and patches for building pbimageviewer.app using the official SDK_6.3.0 sdk. You can get that stuff at http://komary.net/pbimageviewer/libs/ if you want to build the application yourself. The instructions may also be useful to those who want to build other software packages against the latest SDK.

Last edited by rkomar; 03-21-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:36 AM   #545
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
I just want to say thanks again rkomar for the program. I have been using it since 2016 and still find it useful even today.
trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #546
i3ook
i3ook began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 (PB740)
Thanks very much for continue developing this utility.

I updated the firmware to version 6 and installed the latest version of PBImageViewer and device_cfg files over the 1.2.8 installation. It seems to work properly.

I only have some minor issues with the OpenContents dialog: The tabs added to the status bar do not work, and they are quite small (already reported by mooms). The Backward/Forward buttons open the selected image instead of scrolling up and down (the scroll up/Backward button worked before the update), and the Backward button crashes the program when it is started from the Applications tab (when directories are displayed instead of images).
But anyway, OpenContents dialog opens files and directory properly when I tap them, and the Numeric keypad is good enough for moving between no consecutive images. So no problem once you get used to it.
i3ook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:59 AM   #547
cloet
cloet began at the beginning.

Device: pb632
Hello Everybody,

My son is using a PB623. He is newly addicted to Manga and he would like to read them on his pocketbook. I try to install but I didn't succeed (i'm not very good with all this computer stuff....). Is anybody patient to explain me step by step (I even didn't find the good directory to put the file...), i'm french ?
thanks in advance !
cloet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:08 AM   #548
rkomar
Wizard

My PB633 Colour updated the firmware today to version U633_6.5.2304, and pbimageviewer.app stopped working on it. It appears that some of the older API functions that the app needs have been purged from the Inkview library. I expect that similar purgings will take place in the firmwares of other new models. Without that backward compatibility, pbimageviewer will not be able to function. So, it looks like this app will only work on legacy devices going forward. Oh well, it had a good ten year run. I'm glad that most of the functionality I wanted has already been implemented, as I don't expect that I will be doing any more development on it after this. Newer devices handle CBZ/CBR out of the box, so this app is not necessary anymore like it used to be.
Old 05-03-2022, 03:52 PM   #549
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Hi Robert, thanks for 10 years supporting the community!
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:52 AM   #550
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
so this app is not necessary anymore like it used to be.
Even if its time is over for the new generations of devices; The functionality provided for the devices you made it for was originally completely missed on them.
It has been you, who completed the potential of a big heap of good hardware. And that my friend is something you can and should be proud of. Thanks.

Last edited by Freeshadow; 05-07-2022 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typos
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote