Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can't View "Tales of the Jazz Age" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I was going to download this from your uploads, but when I did, I noticed the file was a .rar file, even though it is listed as LRF. Is there something I am missing? I really wanted to download this because it has the short story "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" in it. Is there anywhere else to download it for free in the .lrf format?
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
I was going to download this from your uploads, but when I did, I noticed the file was a .rar file, even though it is listed as LRF. Is there something I am missing? I really wanted to download this because it has the short story "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" in it. Is there anywhere else to download it for free in the .lrf format?
.rar is a compressed file, like a .zip file. To decompress it, you'll need something like WinRAR.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'll have this story for you in about 10 more minutes. --- Time now: 9:48.

I'm busy working on all I can find by him. (I interrupted my current one to get this one to you!!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Finished it. No need to download it from anywhere else.

Enjoy!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
mokeiko
Enthusiast
mokeiko has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX | PRS-900 | PRS-950 | DPT-S1 | Kindle Oasis
Don,

Would you happen to know the difference between this vesrion and the one that is for sale? Thanks in advance for any help.

mokeiko
mokeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeiko View Post
Don,

Would you happen to know the difference between this vesrion and the one that is for sale? Thanks in advance for any help.

mokeiko
The one for sale is more expensive.
(And probably Don's is better formatted)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Any book you find here will be better formatted than those cheapo copies you would find on Amazon or other sites.

Our book uploaders take a great deal of pride in their work.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I think that the books from the sony Store often have an inconveniently small font, and the quality of the proofreading is variable.
The Sony Classics are automatic conversions and, to my mind, often very poorly done.
I must say that I find Don's (Dr Drib's) uploads are of a consistently high quality.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'll have this story for you in about 10 more minutes. --- Time now: 9:48.

I'm busy working on all I can find by him. (I interrupted my current one to get this one to you!!!

Don
He!
Took you nearly 20 minutes for that one.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
mokeiko
Enthusiast

So, besides the fact that it's free, is there any other difference like content (more or less) and the formatting?

mokeiko
Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There is a difference in the content, the one's presented here have more proofreading than most commercial versions.

In answer to the specific concern, no, they are the same story. The MR versions are not shortened or abridged versions. In fact, many of Patricia's books have sections in them that were removed from modern versions because they offended the editors or publishers. They are the most exact versions of the original material available.

Some, such as Harry's Dickens collection are far superior to any other version available either in paper or electronic form.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
mokeiko
Enthusiast

Thank you for the clarification, I really appreciate it.

mokeiko
Old 01-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I think Dr. Dribbles must be starting an "All F. Scott Fitzgerald All The Time" book club. If there are words of his that Don has not posted, mostly in the last couple of days, I am not aware of them. Thank you!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #14
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sweet! You're the man Dr. Drib!
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
There is a difference in the content, the one's presented here have more proofreading than most commercial versions.
And besides, you can contribute to the proofreading here! If you spot any mistake, typo or error, you can tell the uploader and he/she will be happy to fix it as soon as possible.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote