Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #61
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it doesn't really matter... i never know what time it is, and i'm always late. anyway binary is easy : it's just like trumpet pistons.
I thought trumpets had three pistons (or is it four?).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i think it's three, but if memory serves they work on a binary principle anyway (just like having more diodes to represent larger numbers). i could be wrong of course. but a friend of mine was showing me how to play a scale on a trumpet and was quite surprised when i understood after only the first 3 notes, "because it's just like binary."
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #63
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
oooooh, pretty !!! that might replace Das Keyboard as my coveted keyboard of choice. i see the Optimus Maximus got a special mention in the description... i think you would like that one as well.
At $1,877 (US) a copy the Optimus Maximus keyboard is a wee bit beyond my price range for a keyboard. Maybe if we had a stronger dollar in the US, maybe if we had those great high paying French jobs, or maybe if we had the superhero cape and jetpack we might be able to get one. Until then I will stick to my current 15+ year old keyboard.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #64
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, believe me, i said "covet" and not "purchase" for a reason. i would never pay so much for a keyboard (high paying french jobs ? well, i can keep dreaming about that i think...). but i like to look at the pictures and drool a bit though.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #65
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
actually i want this watch.
I purchased a binary alarm clock for my sister. She loved it! Thinkgeek is a wonderful site for folks like we have here....you know...disturbed.
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #66
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
While we are on the subject of watches. I prefer something more steampunkish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trio.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	15218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trio 1.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	15219  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #67
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
oh now i want THAT watch !!!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #68
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
oh now i want THAT watch !!!!!!
I want it also but unfortunately it is another one of the "If you have to ask..." prices.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #69
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I want it also but unfortunately it is another one of the "If you have to ask..." prices.
that seems to be the case frustratingly often with steampunk gear. the high price of quality craftsmanship and noble materials i suppose. (note to self : start playing the loto, so you can win the loto, so you can buy yourself all those steampunk things you covet.)
Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #70
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Note to zeezee, increase rates so you don't have to play lotto.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #71
zelda_pinwheel

there's an idea.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #72
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
That's just plain gorgeous.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 AM   #73
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Note to zeezee, increase rates so you don't have to play lotto.
Increase rates, pay more in taxes...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:07 PM   #74
icecastles
icecastles began at the beginning.

Device: mobile
wikipedia, my savior for quick researches, been a wiki-baby in college..until now!
icecastles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #75
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecastles View Post
wikipedia, my savior for quick researches, been a wiki-baby in college..until now!
That's an interesting start. What changed your mind to no longer be a "wiki-baby".

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness