Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 02-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Eliot, Charles W. (editor): Harvard Classics 01 to 05 (REB 1200). v1. 02 Feb 08

Harvard Classics, Volume 01: Franklin/Woolman/Penn (REB 1200). v1. 02 Feb 08
Harvard Classics, Volume 02: Plato, Epictetus, & Marcus Aurelius (REB 1200). v1. 02 Feb 08
Harvard Classics, Volume 03: Bacon, Milton, Browne (REB 1200). v1. 02 Feb 08
Harvard Classics, Volume 04: Milton (REB 1200). v1. 02 Feb 08
Harvard Classics, Volume 05: Emerson (REB 1200). v1. 02 Feb 08

A direct conversion of RWood's mobipocket Harvard Classics series Volumes 01 to 05 for the REB 1200. This will not display properly on the EBW 1150.

Sorry no TOC.

-Nick
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Harvard Classics Volume I_1200.imp (581.5 KB, 933 views)
File Type: imp Harvard Classics Volume II_1200.imp (560.3 KB, 602 views)
File Type: imp Harvard Classics Volume III_1200.imp (643.4 KB, 525 views)
File Type: imp Harvard Classics Volume IV_1200.imp (635.7 KB, 549 views)
File Type: imp Harvard Classics Volume V_1200.imp (749.4 KB, 569 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-02-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: To clarify that this will not display properly on the EBW 1150).
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm a bit puzzled. RWood has already uploaded the full series in imp format, and with a TOC.
So why is there a need for another version?
(I also have converted most of my other uploads into imp, so I'm wondering what I'm missing, and whether there is a need for further versions.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I appreciate your previous efforts in producing ebooks in the ebookwise .IMP format. No need to be puzzled, as I will try to explain herein.

Unfortunately, the .IMP format supports two 'sizes'; one for the 320x480 16-grayscale ebook reader usually referred to as the EBW 1150; and another for the 480x640 32,768-color (different) ebook reader usually referred to as the REB 1200.

Both ebook readers were previously marketed by GEMSTAR, who allowed this confusing dual purpose .IMP format. The EBW 1150 is just a re-branded Gemstar eBook (GEB) 1150. Just a bit of history.

Even though the .IMP can be loaded onto the other device, it will not display properly if used on the wrong device!

Now, to answer your concerns, your .IMP ebooks work just fine (just that they are for the EBW 1150). I own a EBW 1150, but also a REB 1200. I believe many people may be in the same situation. RWood's full series is in EBW 1150 .IMP format; my version is only for the REB 1200.

To avoid confusing the two 'sizes', I have previously used a naming convention in which the '_1200.IMP' is for the REB 1200 and '.IMP' for the EBW 1150.

My title/post clearly stated that these were for the REB 1200. I have edited my original post to mentioned they were not for the EBW 1150.

I note that you use BD to produce your .IMP ebooks. It doesn't support (as far as I know) the REB 1200 .IMP format, so I don't think you can produce this format using BD. You would need the eBook Publisher software from http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/sup...r_download.htm . With this installed, you would be able to view both .IMP formats on your computer. It may be worth a try, to see the difference/similarities of both .IMP formats!

-Nick

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-06-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: fixed typos.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks for the helpful explanation, Nick. I hadn't realised that there were two sizes, so am now much better informed.

I do use Book Designer for my imp books, and (following JS Wolf's advice) choose the format 'make REB1100/Rocket eBook'. I believe that RWood does the same.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
nrapallo

|
|
|
|
|
v

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-07-2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: see message below!
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
nrapallo

Previously I responded (it seems incorrectly):

Quote:
I note that you use BD to produce your .IMP ebooks. It doesn't support (as far as I know) the REB 1200 .IMP format, so I don't think you can produce this format using BD.

But after tinkering with Book Designer, I noticed under make books:
'Reb1200/GEB1150/2150/SoftBook(imp)'. If you select the device as 'REB 1200', then you will get the 'other' .IMP format.

I suspect it would not come out as good as hand-tweaking, but nevertheless, it appears that BD can support both .IMP formats (one for the GEB/EBW 1150 (.IMP) and the other for the REB 1200 (_1200.IMP). Using this naming convention is tedious, but informative.

Time to explore further...

-Nick

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-07-2008 at 11:05 AM.