Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
mind2mind
mind2mind began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Question Images not showing

Hi, I transferred a book from my kindle to calibre that contains diagrams and photos. These show up when read on my kindle.
The book in my calibre library has all the text OK but the diagrams and images do not show up. It is in AZW3 format.
I want to use the book (crochet patterns) on my pc screen but need the diagrams and photos too.
Any ideas anyone?
Many thanks.
Brenda
mind2mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Sometimes image heavy books are delivered to the kindle as a pair of files, an azw3 with the text and an azw6 with the images. These are not compatible with calibre.

You can download the book as an azw3 file that includes images by using the Download & transfer via USB choice for the book on the Manage Your Content and Devices page on the Amazon website.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
mind2mind
mind2mind began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Images not showing

That worked perfectly!
I downloaded the book and then added it to Calibre and the images all show up OK.
Then converted it to docx for easy reading and the images and photos are all there.
Many thanks.
mind2mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind2mind View Post
That worked perfectly!
I downloaded the book and then added it to Calibre and the images all show up OK.
Then converted it to docx for easy reading and the images and photos are all there.
Many thanks.
Fantastic.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3, images, kindle, photos