Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Aura One Firmware 4.2.8432

It was just released;

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.2.8432.zip

"The Wishlist feature is now available on your eReader. Look for it in the Browse section"
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Modifying the ereader config file for a firmware update isn't (in my mind, at least) a comfortable approach unless the need is fairly urgent (as was the case with the battery drain issue(s)).

Surely, Kobo will soon make the firmware update available at kobo.com.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As has been said elsewhere, Kobo stage upgrades across different affiliates. Some affiliates get them early, others quite quite late.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:03 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A lot more people should get this is going to the affiliate "Kobo".

Last edited by davidfor; 01-31-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Grammar
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Is it case sensitive (K uppercase, obo lowercase) ?
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:43 PM   #6
kiwik
Enthusiast
kiwik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One (ex Kindle, Sony 505)
[deleted]

Last edited by kiwik; 02-01-2017 at 03:21 AM.
kiwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:19 AM   #7
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Is the wishlist really the only change to the ereader experience in this update? If so, I think I'll pass. Just got nightmode running how I like on my KA1 along with the patches for the previous firmware.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:31 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are (as usual) bug fixes
Old 02-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #9
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Win Some, loose some.

This update appears to fix the touch screen accuracy.... which is amazing. That was one of the most annoying things to me about the One. I thought it was a hardware design problem, but looks like Kobo fixed it in software.

So far, however, I have one irritating bug. Using the "Return" arrow from the Navigation bar in a Kepub reliable freezes the device, requiring a reboot.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
So far, however, I have one irritating bug. Using the "Return" arrow from the Navigation bar in a Kepub reliable freezes the device, requiring a reboot.
Passed on to developers
Old 02-01-2017, 07:59 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Any logs / dumps on the device?
Old 02-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Any logs / dumps on the device?
'fraid not.

Edit: I wrote a bit too soon... touch accuracy is as eratic as ever. I don't know why it behaved so well just for the one testing session, but now I can't replicate it.

Last edited by rashkae; 02-02-2017 at 12:18 AM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:14 AM   #13
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There are (as usual) bug fixes
Is there a list of them that can be shared?
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:18 AM   #14
WiBu
WiBu began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Thanks surquizu!
WiBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #15
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
I saw strange auto-light adjust behavior last night like Sir Loyne reprted in this thread.

Twice, I was reading in a dark bedroom, and the light went to 0. Another time, I bumped it back up to 11% and watched it auto-adjust up to 100%!

I finally turned off the auto-light adjust.

I also noticed my battery life was terrible. I didn't read for anywhere near 15 hours yesterday, but I went from a full charge before applying the update to under 10% when I went to bed last night. This morning, I am charging it back up.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote