Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2024, 08:16 PM   #1
Cato
Cato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Anyway to listen to Audible/Audiobooks and read at the same time?

I have a Kindle 3 Keyboard WiFi that I've recently jailbroken. Anyway to make so I can listen to my audible/audiobooks whole simultaneously reading? Tried M3Player but can't seem to get it to work.
Cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:58 PM   #2
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
I have a Kindle 3 Keyboard WiFi that I've recently jailbroken. Anyway to make so I can listen to my audible/audiobooks whole simultaneously reading? Tried M3Player but can't seem to get it to work.
You need to use Mplayer with launchpad to accomplish this.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2024, 01:16 PM   #3
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Keyboard + Kindle Voyage WiFi + Kindle PW11 Kids
There was undocumented feature on Kindle Keyboard devices that doesn't require jailbreak. You need to create the new folder "music" in the root & copy mp3 files there. The background music playback could be started/paused by pressing Alt+Spacebar. The playback order is defined by files' timestamp IIRC.
bugmen00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:49 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's in one of the Kindle user guides. Also on the DXG.

Pretty useless.

A phone and ereader works better.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 01:04 AM   #5
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Keyboard + Kindle Voyage WiFi + Kindle PW11 Kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Pretty useless.
I disagree, sometimes turning on these "1 hour of nature sounds" tracks while reading could help to set the right mood. Of course it's just personal preferences.
bugmen00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
audible, audiobook, hack, jailbreak, k3w