Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2023, 08:40 AM   #61
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Same error here.
I would like the logs at kindle/extensions/MRInstaller/log
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:46 AM   #62
guio
guio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I would like the logs at kindle/extensions/MRInstaller/log
Have the same error.

Here the logs:
Spoiler:
Code:

[2023-10-28 @ 10:15:17 +0000] :: [MRPI r18983] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin' (KUALBooklet ff4134d I) . . .

Package 'Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin' (KUALBooklet ff4134d I) is not targeting your FW version [!(1679530004 <  < 18446744073709551615)] skipping . . . :(

[2023-10-28 @ 12:09:10 +0000] :: [MRPI r18983] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.29_install.bin' (KUALBooklet v2.7.29 I) . . .

Package 'Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.29_install.bin' (KUALBooklet v2.7.29 I) is not targeting your FW version [!(1679530004 <  < 18446744073709551615)] skipping . . . :(
guio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 08:47 AM   #63
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guio View Post
Have the same error.

Here the logs:
Spoiler:
Code:

[2023-10-28 @ 10:15:17 +0000] :: [MRPI r18983] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin' (KUALBooklet ff4134d I) . . .

Package 'Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin' (KUALBooklet ff4134d I) is not targeting your FW version [!(1679530004 <  < 18446744073709551615)] skipping . . . :(

[2023-10-28 @ 12:09:10 +0000] :: [MRPI r18983] - Beginning the processing of package 'Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.29_install.bin' (KUALBooklet v2.7.29 I) . . .

Package 'Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.29_install.bin' (KUALBooklet v2.7.29 I) is not targeting your FW version [!(1679530004 <  < 18446744073709551615)] skipping . . . :(
lets redirect all MRPI issues to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=356888
Old 10-28-2023, 08:52 AM   #64
litrpguy
litrpguy began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Nook Glowlight 4
Quote:
I'm still looking into making this part of the hotfix but, i will at least add this to the original post
Sorry to bother again man, just to confirm after jailbreak and exiting demo mode and reverting to english, this is the expected folders on kindle right? A bit confused since voyage has a lot of folders after the jailbreak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	375
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	204456  
litrpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:52 AM   #65
Marek
Zealot

Most of the MRPI issues are caused by the kual (and other) packages in nilujes snapshot thread targeting the wrong (old) fw version -- the best fix for this is waiting for them to be up other fix is patching out the version check from mrpi -- i don't feel like providing this here because i know someone will go and install some ancient package that will break their kindle but if you are interested

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=72

Last edited by Marek; 10-28-2023 at 09:36 AM.
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 08:54 AM   #66
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by litrpguy View Post
Sorry to bother again man, just to confirm after jailbreak and exiting demo mode and reverting to english, this is the expected folders on kindle right? A bit confused since voyage has a lot of folders after the jailbreak.
as long as you saw the log after doing the jailbreak you should be fine and can install the hotfix
Old 10-28-2023, 09:07 AM   #67
KoKoRoKo
KoKoRoKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (11th Gen)
Smile Sharing my progress so far...

Greetings, this is my first post on this forum so excuse me if I write/ask something stupid or previously answered.

Firstly, thanks Marek, BlueBotLabs, GeorgeYellow and all those who helped in getting this JB to us!

Now to the main part, I have been trying to get this JB installed since the past 6 hours, and 3 attempts later I have deduced the following:

> The update JB file does not reboot to English but instead to a weird hybrid of demo and retail mode.

> There is no indication that the JB is successful or if it has been removed. There are no (JB) files remaining in the root directory once I got out of the "hybrid" mode (which I escaped thanks to the Marek's ;demo and right button tip) nor is there any logo of the jailbreak upon rebooting.

> I was able to get mrpi installed although KUAL is giving me a hard time. mrpi detects the 'Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin' file but the KUAL book doesn't show up and instead a KppMain(...) pdf is generated.

This was my experience on PW5 with FW 5.16.2.1.1 and I'll be glad to help with anything and would really appreciate any help with KUAL and knowing if I have even got the JB to work in the first place.

Thanks again for the awesome work!
KoKoRoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:12 AM   #68
Donaldb
Donaldb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw 5 16gb
Quote:
Most of the MRPI issues are caused by the kual (and other) packages in nilujes snapshot thread targeting the wrong (old) fw version -- the best fix for this is waiting for them to be up other fix is patching out the version check from mrpi -- i don't feel like providing this here because i know someone will go and install some ancient package that will break their kindle but if you are interested you can PM me here or on discord @notmarek
I've patched out version check and installed kual but ko reader is crashing, maybe I need to wait for update?
Kindle is pw5 16gb fw 5.15.1
Donaldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:20 AM   #69
icebarf
icebarf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition 11th Generation
Just finished jailbreaking my kindle. Everything works as expected, with the caveat of having to use MRPI that doesn't version check. I think we should have our tooling be updated now, and consider fw <= 5.16.2.1.1 be jailbroken

Awesome work by Marek, and the people who helped them.

Looking for to contributing to the community
icebarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:26 AM   #70
llamaattack
llamaattack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis and PW 7th gen
Extremly new to the scene

I have successfully jailbroken. Atleast i think so. I was able to get the log message and get the language to revert back to English using the demo menu.
But i am at loss as to how to verify its actually jailbroken.
I do not know what i can install post this jailbreak. I have always wanted to have custom screensavers and be able to install Koreader on my kindle.
I read in the comments above that i need to install KUAL before i can do anything. I also read that maybe those resources are for the old kindles.

I am a noob to this forum and if someone could link to some resources and some guides as to what i am supposed to install first, please let me know.

Any help will be highly appreciated
llamaattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:29 AM   #71
litrpguy
litrpguy began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Nook Glowlight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebarf View Post
Just finished jailbreaking my kindle. Everything works as expected, with the caveat of having to use MRPI that doesn't version check. I think we should have our tooling be updated now, and consider fw <= 5.16.2.1.1 be jailbroken

Awesome work by Marek, and the people who helped them.

Looking for to contributing to the community
Would you mind sharing the mrpi that doesn't version check? Can't find the exact workaround to get and install kual.

Thanks alot in advanced and to Marek as well for sharing us the jb.
litrpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:34 AM   #72
Marek
Zealot

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by litrpguy View Post
Would you mind sharing the mrpi that doesn't version check? Can't find the exact workaround to get and install kual.

Thanks alot in advanced and to Marek as well for sharing us the jb.
Make sure you are using coplates KUAL and that you have already copied mrinstaller before copying this extensions folder, don't install dumb shit or you WILL brick your kindle
Attached Files
File Type: zip extensions2.zip (1.75 MB, 1047 views)
Old 10-28-2023, 09:39 AM   #73
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKoRoKo View Post
> The update JB file does not reboot to English but instead to a weird hybrid of demo and retail mode.

> There is no indication that the JB is successful or if it has been removed. There are no (JB) files remaining in the root directory once I got out of the "hybrid" mode (which I escaped thanks to the Marek's ;demo and right button tip) nor is there any logo of the jailbreak upon rebooting.

> I was able to get mrpi installed although KUAL is giving me a hard time. mrpi detects the 'Update_KUALBooklet_ff4134d_install.bin' file but the KUAL book doesn't show up and instead a KppMain(...) pdf is generated.

This was my experience on PW5 with FW 5.16.2.1.1 and I'll be glad to help with anything and would really appreciate any help with KUAL and knowing if I have even got the JB to work in the first place.

Thanks again for the awesome work!
As for the jailbreak install hotfix again and for KUAL check this post
Old 10-28-2023, 09:42 AM   #74
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
I was going to try it but just saw the only Kindle device at home was updated to 5.16.4 that came out 3 days ago? Bummer, I may get another one just for this.
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:43 AM   #75
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaattack View Post
I have successfully jailbroken. Atleast i think so. I was able to get the log message and get the language to revert back to English using the demo menu.
But i am at loss as to how to verify its actually jailbroken.
I do not know what i can install post this jailbreak. I have always wanted to have custom screensavers and be able to install Koreader on my kindle.
I read in the comments above that i need to install KUAL before i can do anything. I also read that maybe those resources are for the old kindles.

I am a noob to this forum and if someone could link to some resources and some guides as to what i am supposed to install first, please let me know.

Any help will be highly appreciated

You can verify jailbreak by doing ;log mrpi also make sure you have a mkk folder on your kindle if not install the hotfix again for mrpi patch check this

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak