Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2023, 07:08 AM   #46
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thank you @Marek!

Do you think the first step should be “Open Kindle storage and delete FW update file that Kindle downloaded in background (if any)”? I think there might be the case when there is such file downloaded and waiting until next reboot to install. Then JB will be interrupted.

Last edited by mergen3107; 10-29-2023 at 01:20 AM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 07:30 AM   #47
joh77
joh77 began at the beginning.

Device: KO3
I don't want to register my device - is there any tweak to remove "cloud not available" error popup?
joh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 07:50 AM   #48
lowsense
lowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hisense A5
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guio View Post
@hartleyshc, how did you manage to install KUAL and Koreader?
I've tried over mrpi but I had an error like "Coudn't mount system RO"
I have the same problem.
Mine is Kindle PW3,
I tried to install Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.29_install.bin via MRPI as the tutorial,
got the error message "Failed to remount roofsro" and nothing was installed.

Also, after I updated update_hotfix_languagebreak.bin and rebooted, Kindle is still in Chinese, and the Languages setting is locked saying something "you need to contact your administrator.". Under the Device Info, the last item says "Demo".

Is it still in Demo mode and the hotfix had failed to quit it?

Edit: saw Marek's post, "Go back to demo mode with ;demo -> right button it should reset and you should be out of demo and in English". However, still no luck on installing Kual.

Last edited by lowsense; 10-28-2023 at 08:21 AM.
lowsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:13 AM   #49
nick84
Enthusiast
nick84 began at the beginning.

Device: KA2, KH2O2, KAOne, Nook4, KMini, PW5, K11, KV
Would it work on 5.16.3.1?
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:14 AM   #50
Hammerhand
Hammerhand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Can't make it work on a paperwhite 10th generation with 5.15.1.1 firmware; language menu never appears.

After demo, I can connect and copy contents of /languagebreak folder, I eject and press the button but it boots normally and no menu nor log messages appear.
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 08:15 AM   #51
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
Would it work on 5.16.3.1?
Is 3 <= 2???
Spoiler:
No it wouldn't ...
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:15 AM   #52
litrpguy
litrpguy began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Nook Glowlight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
My kindle updated to 5.16.4 jailbreak survives fine - hotfix can be installed and works - however i had problems with MRPI so i downgraded back to 5.16.2.1.1
After post jailbreak, how do we revert the language to english? Sorry I'm a bit confused. I've tried jailbreaking thrice
litrpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:18 AM   #53
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhand View Post
Can't make it work on a paperwhite 10th generation with 5.15.1.1 firmware; language menu never appears.

After demo, I can connect and copy contents of /languagebreak folder, I eject and press the button but it boots normally and no menu nor log messages appear.
Seems like i was wrong and it might only work on 5.16.X where X < 3
I myself am running 5.16.2.1.1 and it worked great on it. So i suggest manually updating to a version <= to that. You can find links to firmware in the spoiler in the original post.
Old 10-28-2023, 08:19 AM   #54
DarkWolf
DarkWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, PW4
Hello,
i tried it on my PW5 Signature with 5.16.2.1 and now with 5.16.2.1.1. JB was installed as i can see, hotfix installed, too. After reboot i cannot change language. I go through the chinese menu, but the menu item for language change is greyed out. How can i get it back to english or german? Last time i had this, i tried a reset, but after that the jb was gone.

Thanks
DarkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:19 AM   #55
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by litrpguy View Post
After post jailbreak, how do we revert the language to english? Sorry I'm a bit confused. I've tried jailbreaking thrice
;demo => press the right button it should "enter demo" but it will actually reset into normal mode with English
Old 10-28-2023, 08:20 AM   #56
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf View Post
Hello,
i tried it on my PW5 Signature with 5.16.2.1 and now with 5.16.2.1.1. JB was installed as i can see, hotfix installed, too. After reboot i cannot change language. I go through the cinese menu, but the menu item for language change is greyed out. How can i get it back to english or german? Last time i had this, i tried a reset, but after that the jb was gone.

Thanks
Follow the post above this one. If it doesn't work another way is to.
;enter_demo
reboot setup with dummy values and no wifi
Go to the ;demo menu and resell device again
Old 10-28-2023, 08:23 AM   #57
lowsense
lowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf View Post
Hello,
i tried it on my PW5 Signature with 5.16.2.1 and now with 5.16.2.1.1. JB was installed as i can see, hotfix installed, too. After reboot i cannot change language. I go through the chinese menu, but the menu item for language change is greyed out. How can i get it back to english or german? Last time i had this, i tried a reset, but after that the jb was gone.

Thanks
I followed waht Marek said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
Go back to demo mode with ;demo -> right button it should reset and you should be out of demo and in English
lowsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:25 AM   #58
litrpguy
litrpguy began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Nook Glowlight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
;demo => press the right button it should "enter demo" but it will actually reset into normal mode with English
Thanks marek! You're a life saver! Tried it and it worked. I initially thought i was stuck in a loop
litrpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:26 AM   #59
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by litrpguy View Post
Thanks marek! You're a life saver! Tried it and it worked. I initially thought i was stuck in a loop
I'm still looking into making this part of the hotfix but, i will at least add this to the original post
Old 10-28-2023, 08:39 AM   #60
Bella
Bella began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsense View Post
I have the same problem.
Mine is Kindle PW3,
I tried to install Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.29_install.bin via MRPI as the tutorial,
got the error message "Failed to remount roofsro" and nothing was installed.
Same error here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231028_090346_137.png
Views:	375
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	204455  
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak