Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-16-2022, 06:47 PM   #16
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenS View Post
Pardon my stupid question, I think I made a mistake. Do I have to connect one wire from the CR501 to the TP1706 and another wire from the TP1706 to the TM401, only then do I restart the Kindle?
Sorry, I should have made this clearer - you only need to connect a wire to one of the points then restart while the wire is connected (strictly speaking CR501 and TM401 are the same point as they have continuity between them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by biofiz View Post
Hello, katadelos, thank you for the jailbreak. With which firmware versions this jailbreak works?
It doesn't matter - this will work regardless of the firmware version installed.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:57 PM   #17
ygjsz
ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: KPW3 KT2 KT3 KV Boox Nova3
I made a Windows version of Popcorn Jailbreak.
Just unzip the zip and active the SDP Mode then open MFGtool.exe and click Start.
Happy Hacking!
Link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRH...ew?usp=sharing
ygjsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #18
buyifan43
Enthusiast
buyifan43 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW 4 and KT2
There is a project flashing android4.4.2 on kindle, and they have the driver and method to flash things into a kindle, so I GEUSS that there might be ways to do this jailbreak in windows...
link here:http://kdroid.club/
NOTE:Chinese,if you can't read please use translate tools
buyifan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:41 AM   #19
SuperLemonekPL
SuperLemonekPL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (7th Generation)
@katadelos - are You sure this will work with firmware latest 5.14.3?
SuperLemonekPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:52 PM   #20
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLemonekPL View Post
@katadelos - are You sure this will work with firmware latest 5.14.3?
Probably? I've not tried it but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work, give it a go and report back.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2022, 12:12 AM   #21
usbhub95
usbhub95 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW4
Would this work on a PW4 or has it been fixed?
usbhub95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:38 AM   #22
SuperLemonekPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
Probably? I've not tried it but I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work, give it a go and report back.
Hi, I didnt had yet time due to personal stuff going on. Thank You - I will give a try in upcomming days then and let You know
Old 08-08-2022, 05:59 AM   #23
SuperLemonekPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
I have tried with any mean to enter SDP mode but without luck it keeps reappearing as normal storage. is there any command I can send as root to reboot into SDP mode?

and just to be sure, SDP is the very same thing as fastboot and USB HID? This will not help me enter it but I just wanted to be sure...
Old 08-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #24
SuperLemonekPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLemonekPL View Post
I have tried with any mean to enter SDP mode but without luck it keeps reappearing as normal storage. is there any command I can send as root to reboot into SDP mode?

and just to be sure, SDP is the very same thing as fastboot and USB HID? This will not help me enter it but I just wanted to be sure...
Or maybe send it other way from terminal like dd command or from fastboot where i was for sure?
Old 08-11-2022, 05:53 AM   #25
ramom
ramom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
hey there,

Sorry if this sounds stupid... I have a Kindle Voyage (KV) with 5.13.6.
Would this work?
ramom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:53 PM   #26
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Device: PW3, PW2, KT2, 2xKT, 2xK3G
Thanks for the wonderful jailbreak, @katadelos

I tried this out on my PW3 running 5.14.3.2 and it showed no signs of any errors, but after it booted and I placed the hotfix in /mnt/us/ it told me that "An invalid update file has been loaded on your device." and deleted it.
;log mrpi dose not work either. Could you please help me?

Also, do you have any information about how you built the uboot.bin or any sources?
How would I go about building my own?
luketheduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 03:57 PM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I haven't actually rebuilt the hotfix packages for the last couple of FW versions .

Check the snapshots thread in a few hours, I'll have done so by then.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2022 at 04:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:15 PM   #28
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Device: PW3, PW2, KT2, 2xKT, 2xK3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I haven't actually rebuilt the hotfix packages for the last couple of FW versions .

Check the snapshots thread in a few hours, I'll have done so by then.
Dude! Thank you so much!
luketheduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:19 PM   #29
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
They should be up now .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:28 PM   #30
CHINCB
CHINCB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by luketheduke View Post
Dude! Thank you so much!
Did you manage to test the new version?
CHINCB is offline   Reply With Quote