Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2023, 01:42 PM   #286
Enduring
Enduring began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 32GB (G000T6)
(sorry, don't see an edit button on my post)

NiLuJe also stated here:
"Speaking of updates, remember that everything is basically evil since FW 5.12.x"

So does that mean there are useful features in say 5.11?
Enduring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 02:01 PM   #287
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enduring View Post
(sorry, don't see an edit button on my post)

NiLuJe also stated here:
"Speaking of updates, remember that everything is basically evil since FW 5.12.x"

So does that mean there are useful features in say 5.11?
I'm happy with 5.8.x but 5.9.x did have some wothwhile features at the cost of kindlet support. 5.10.x is tolerable.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:43 PM   #288
p0wer0n
p0wer0n began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Would anyone be able to post the source code of this jailbreak? Reverse engineering it for a project and I want to know if it's right
p0wer0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:56 PM   #289
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nothing involved in this is closed source, so it doesn't look like you're off to a great start? ;D.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:25 PM   #290
misiek998
misiek998 began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Hello I have a error installing JB on my kindle pepperwhite 4 WIFI.
First I update my firmware from 5.10.2 to 5.10.3

After run kindlebreak.html I got error in browser or just freeze and reebot (tryed twice) or "Application error" -> http://images92.fotosik.pl/705/515b160908b448ee.jpg
then browser crashes but kindle reboot. After restart I have got kindlebreak_log

Quote:
Loaded logging functions
Didn't find existing developer key
Created developer key (0)
Updated permissions for developer key
Enabled developer flag
Finished installing jailbreak, restarting...
But now I can't install KUAL. Command ";log" or ";log mrpi" dosen't exist, nothing happend.
I try also put into root directory "Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_f190a38_install.bin "
but after disconnecting from PC
immediately shows error " Invalid update file"

Dont't know what I make wrong. Maby too old frmware?

Last edited by misiek998; 01-25-2024 at 03:28 PM.
misiek998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:36 PM   #291
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you install MRPI?

That must be done before KUAL.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:58 PM   #292
misiek998

Yes I pasted all folder/files from kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r19303.tar into root directory of my kindle
Old 01-25-2024, 04:19 PM   #293
misiek998

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiek998 View Post
Yes I pasted all folder/files from kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r19303.tar into root directory of my kindle
Sorry, can't edit last post, but found my fault.
I didn't install "K5 JailBreak Hotfix" Instruction is unclear, there is no information to install this hotfix, so default I skip this line
Quote:
Making sure your JB survives updates.

It's as simple as installing the JB Hotfix.
Now working well....
Old 01-25-2024, 06:07 PM   #294
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiek998 View Post
Sorry, can't edit last post, but found my fault.
I didn't install "K5 JailBreak Hotfix" Instruction is unclear, there is no information to install this hotfix, so default I skip this line

Now working well....
I am glad it is working for you now, but unless there have been changes, the hotfix, athough important to protect jailbreak, is not needed to install MRPI or KUAL.

If instructions seem to be missing, it is better to ask than to skip.
Old 04-14-2024, 05:54 AM   #295
cancunia
cancunia began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite PW2
Firstly, many thanks to all that created this JB.
I'm fairly late to the party here, just bought an old PW2 that I want for reading non Amazon books including ePub & PDF so thought it would be useful to Jailbreak and found this thread. I believe that I can use Calibre to convert files but wanted to see what the native support would be like.
My PW2 came with FW 5.9.5.1 which I upgraded to 5.10.3 via the link on the first page, then followed the instructions to run the Jailbreak. In fact I wasn't sure if it had worked so I ran it again to compare the log files. Sure enough, the first log file had "Didn't find existing developer key" but the second log had "Removed existing developer key" so the first JB worked.
The main difference between the 2 JBs is that the first did not display any messages about debug or errors, but the second time around it did display a window about collecting debug degug info which I cleared, and after a minute or 2 the Kindle rebooted.
cancunia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak