Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-07-2020, 08:34 AM   #406
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Rellwood: You can't.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:06 PM   #407
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
↑ ↑ ↑

I assume this should be in the Kindle Collections thread.

I'll move it, but next time you can't be bothered puting something in its rightful place I might do something different….

BR
Sorry, I didn't realize that I wasn't in the right place.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #408
wApdIl
wApdIl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5)
Verrrrry late reply here because I assumed the forum would email me when there was an update and then forgot about it for two months, but Kindle Collections is working for me, so it looks like v1.7.28 did fix the bug I reported back in September
wApdIl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #409
Sou Suzumi
Sou Suzumi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 4
Hey NiLuJe, I was wondering, is there a way to use a kind of "cover" for the collection, or does the Kindle system forces us to use the default "folder" icon with the collection name under it?
I'm using a PW4 with 5.10.1.3 firmware, the latest version of LibrarySync, Calibre 4.23 and Collections Plugin 1.7.29
Sou Suzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:55 PM   #410
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I vaguely recall that there might be a key for that in the appreg or the db or... something, but it's a single icon per type of things (e.g, the actual "this is a collection" icon), not per collection, which is why we never really looked into exposing it.

This may have changed since, I haven't looked at this stuff in years.
Advert
Old 04-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #411
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
Hi
Does librariansync works with KOA3 5.12.4?
It’s seems to work but it’s making collections
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 03:02 AM   #412
mike745
mike745 began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Hello, does it work with PW4 and 5.13.3? thanks
mike745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:57 AM   #413
NiLuJe
BLAM!

FW version is (mostly) irrelevant, the device being jailbroken is what matters.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #414
medea111
medea111 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Collections plugin not creating JSON file on Kindle

I just jailbroke my PW3 (and thanks to everyone who keeps these files and plugins and extensions current). I have the Kindle Collections plugin in Calibre and Librarian Sync on the Kindle. From reading the thread, it sounds like the plugin should create a JSON file with collection information when I select "Create collections on the Kindle from Calibre", but there's no sign of it on the Kindle.

I can tell Librarian Sync to update collections from the plugin, and I get a message at the bottom saying collections are updating, but it hangs and never completes.

Appreciate any help.

Last edited by medea111; 09-11-2021 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo
medea111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:33 PM   #415
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Make sure you're running the current version of LS (i.e., straight from github), and that you've got Python installed properly.

If necessary, run LS manually in a shell over USBNet to see what's failing.

(Also, this doesn't have anything to do with the plugin per se, so this discussion really belongs in the LS thread).
Old 09-11-2021, 07:00 PM   #416
medea111
medea111 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

(Also, this doesn't have anything to do with the plugin per se, so this discussion really belongs in the LS thread).
Apologies if it's misdirected. I thought that if the collections aren't being created on the Kindle, that's an issue with the plugin.
medea111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:24 AM   #417
MonicaOP
Connoisseur
MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MonicaOP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Oasis
Hi, sorry to bother, I have read I have to "jailbreak" my kindle oasis to be able to use this collections plugin, but I have no idea how to do that or if it's damaging to the kindle oasis, that I don't want to damage since is my path to sanity.

If anyone could help me, how can I do this safely? Thank you, be well, Monica
MonicaOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #418
aholmes5
aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aholmes5 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Is there support in the Collections Manager Plugin for the PW5?
aholmes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 06:23 PM   #419
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholmes5 View Post
Is there support in the Collections Manager Plugin for the PW5?
Do read the notes (red) in post 1.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:07 PM   #420
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup, the doc is up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Neither Librarian nor the Calibre plugin currently support the PW5 (because free time has been harder to come by than I hoped).

Those should be the two major unsupported things right now.

The Easter week-end allowed me to catch up a tiny bit, so I'm *hoping* to get this done sometime in the next month, but don't hold me to that .

EDIT: Oops, you appear to be using a KOA3. That *may* also apply to your device, I honestly can't recall.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle