Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 09:20 AM   #1156
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@mekong: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #1157
mekong
mekong began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I was informed that access to personal messages is open
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...36#post4126836
Advert
Old 06-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #1158
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #1159
mekong
mekong began at the beginning.

Thank you
Old 06-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #1160
Arien
Arien began at the beginning.

Hi, I'm looking for a Touch N905 image
FCC ID: ZJLKOBON905
IC: 8912A-KOBON905
Advert
Old 06-07-2021, 11:05 AM   #1161
Arien
Arien began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien View Post
Hi, I'm looking for a Touch N905 image
FCC ID: ZJLKOBON905
IC: 8912A-KOBON905
Sorry, I just realized there's no SD card in my N905 model so probably no image. Could someone point me in a right direction, where do I start fixing this model stuck in a loop, it keeps "restoring" over and over?
Old 06-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #1162
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien View Post
Sorry, I just realized there's no SD card in my N905 model so probably no image. Could someone point me in a right direction, where do I start fixing this model stuck in a loop, it keeps "restoring" over and over?
The only thing that I know you can do is a manual factory reset. The instructions are in https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...our-Kobo-Touch. It probably won't work as it is basically what is happening. But, there might be something different about it that works.

The only other possibility is booting from the external SD card. This seems to work for the Aura when booting from an image for the Aura H2O. But, I don't know if it can boot from the external SD card and I don't know if there is an image to use. The image for the N905B might be close enough, but, I don't know.
Old 06-15-2021, 10:38 AM   #1163
Lindo001
Lindo001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch N905
Hi David. I'm new to the forum, my kobo's sd card got corrupted so i bought a new 1 but now i really need a img. I'm using a kobo touch N905. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:06 AM   #1164
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindo001 View Post
Hi David. I'm new to the forum, my kobo's sd card got corrupted so i bought a new 1 but now i really need a img. I'm using a kobo touch N905. Thanks in advance.
The N905 is a Touch, but, it is the model without an internal SD card. The two models with an SD card are N905B and N905C. They have different hardware and need different images. I need the correct model number to supply the correct image, otherwise, it won't work. The model number should be on the end of the device.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #1165
RestoringIssue
RestoringIssue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905C
Red face

Hi folks,

I also am in need of a Kobo Touch Image for my,
MODEL: N905C

Would you be so kind and send it to me?

(I hope my personal messages are activated, but I think they are )

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:44 AM   #1166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:55 AM   #1167
RestoringIssue
RestoringIssue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905C
Thank you so much!
Old 07-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #1168
bandeezy
bandeezy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Adding to the mix of people looking for a Touch image. See info below.
FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857A-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C

Cheers,
Nick
Old 07-26-2021, 08:13 PM   #1169
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #1170
bandeezy
bandeezy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thanks David! Loaded the image you sent with the correct serial number onto my SD card. Seems that it's no longer unhappy about that (green, red, and flashing green LEDs prior to this change), but now the blue light comes on for ~15 seconds but the screen never changes from it's sleep page. Any thoughts on what this could be? Did some minor digging and it seems that this constant blue light is just the eReader initializing. Tried a factory reset as well with no luck.
Closed Thread