Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question Kindle for PC won't delete books

Decided I had too many kindle books over 500 on my pc that I had downloaded when I first bought my ereader (not a kindle)
As some of them were free ones that I really didn't want or else I had read them

Finally got rid of them with a week of clicking delete!

1. Now can anyone tell me how to get rid of them next time they accumulate in manage my kindle? Takes a long while clicking 500 times!

2. Also How to get rid of the already deleted books in my Kindle for Pc app?
As they insist in still staying there!

I have uninstalled and re installed the kindle for pc app But no difference

This worked on my phone as they would not go from there either!

They are definitely deleted on amazons manage my kindle page Just have a few there now
Any ideas folks?

Last edited by book64; 08-22-2013 at 03:07 AM.
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Contacted Amazon last time lots of books got stuck But they weren't very helpful
Anybody got any ideas please?
Advert
Old 08-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
1. Now can anyone tell me how to get rid of them next time they accumulate in manage my kindle? Takes a long while clicking 500 times!
For permanent deletion Manage Your Kindle is the only way to do it.

Quote:
2. Also How to get rid of the already deleted books in my Kindle for Pc app?
As they insist in still staying there!
These are books downloaded to Kindle 4 PC? With the app closed go into the My Kindle Content folder in your Documents and delete all the files, this will clear out all downloaded books from the program. (unless you're using the Windows 8 metro app, not sure what to do there)

If it's your archive/cloud that's not refreshing deregistering and re-registering the app should do it if they're gone from MYK.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #4
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
For permanent deletion Manage Your Kindle is the only way to do it.

These are books downloaded to Kindle 4 PC? With the app closed go into the My Kindle Content folder in your Documents and delete all the files, this will clear out all downloaded books from the program. (unless you're using the Windows 8 metro app, not sure what to do there)

If it's your archive/cloud that's not refreshing deregistering and re-registering the app should do it if they're gone from MYK.
Deregistering and re registering, tried that 2 or 3 times no joy. Not work.
Also tried that when they got stuck on my kindle android app.
Didn't work there either.

Just about to try deleting in my kindle folder. Do I delete everything in there?

But will it delete the 20 or so books I still want to keep?

I have windows 7

Last edited by book64; 08-26-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Deregistering and re registering, tried that 2 or 3 times no joy. Not work.
Also tried that when they got stuck on my kindle android app.
Didn't work there either.

Just about to try deleting in my kindle folder. Do I delete everything in there?

But will it delete the 20 or so books I still want to keep?

I have windows 7
If you empty the folder it will delete everything & you'd have to re-download the books you want to keep (assuming you didn't delete those ones from MYK). You can keep the ones you want, but it would be a bit cumbersome as the book files are stored by the ASIN number (found in the books info on Amazon) as opposed to title so you'd have to identify which ones not to delete. You can of course right click on each individual book and select to remove/delete it, but I'm under the impression you've tried that and it didn't work.
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
book64
Love reading

Thumbs up

Quote:
If you empty the folder it will delete everything & you'd have to re-download the books you want to keep (assuming you didn't delete those ones from MYK). You can keep the ones you want, but it would be a bit cumbersome as the book files are stored by the ASIN number (found in the books info on Amazon) as opposed to title so you'd have to identify which ones not to delete. You can of course right click on each individual book and select to remove/delete it, but I'm under the impression you've tried that and it didn't work.
Yes I had tried everything Deleted all but 20 books in manage my kindle Took days as pc kept freezing and there were 500 to do!
Stupid way its set up isn't it.
Tried your way of getting rid of the stuck ones by deleting everything in the kindle folder on my pc
It worked! Thank you so much Only took it a couple of minutes to reimport the 20 I kept too

Will keep my kindle booklist down to 20 or 30 saved I think and delete as I read
Usually read a book a day if I can
Thanks again This should be on the tips page!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Just remember, once a book is downloaded it doesn't matter if you delete it from MYK or not, you have to delete the local downloaded copy. You can do that by right clicking on the book and selecting delete/remove from the menu that pops up. Once you delete them from MYK you can never download/read them again without re-buying the book (I'm sure you knew that, but thought it worth stating).
Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Just remember, once a book is downloaded it doesn't matter if you delete it from MYK or not, you have to delete the local downloaded copy. You can do that by right clicking on the book and selecting delete/remove from the menu that pops up. Once you delete them from MYK you can never download/read them again without re-buying the book (I'm sure you knew that, but thought it worth stating).
Thanks again.
So you are always stuck with deleting them from PC tablet and phone then? 3 places. Isn't sync supposed to do that?
Also thanks for reminding me I cannot download them again.
Most of them were free ones I went mad downloading when first I got an ereader. Then lived to regret as you get what you pay for lol.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
As mentioned, just go that folder and delete all 500 of them by selecting ALL throw them into your computer's trash.

Then, go to your cloud and download the 20 that you wanted.

Now the real work begins: If you want to delete the actual books from your account, you'll need to delete each book individually from your 'My Account' at Amazon.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #10
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
As mentioned, just go that folder and delete all 500

Now the real work begins: If you want to delete the actual books from your account, you'll need to delete each book individually from your 'My Account' at Amazon.

Don
Hi yes I deleted each of the 500 in manage my kindle one by one! Drove me nuts lol
But couldn't understand why they stayed on phone and tablet to still read. That was my problem
Old 08-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
book64
Love reading

Angry New Kindle App Problem

I thought I had finally sorted out my Android Kindle App problem
But I decided to order a new kindle book today and I seem to have another gadget added in my Deliver To options!

Kindle for Pc
My Android Tablet ... both were there before and I want

But now I have Android tablet 2 also (Since I re registered and deleted all my books)
How do I get rid of the option AnemicOak ?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
But now I have Android tablet 2 also (Since I re registered and deleted all my books)
How do I get rid of the option AnemicOak ?
You get a new one of those every time you re-register an app without de-registering it first. Devices can be managed at MYK and click the link to manage devices. There things can be deleted, renamed, etc.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Hi yes I deleted each of the 500 in manage my kindle one by one! Drove me nuts lol
But couldn't understand why they stayed on phone and tablet to still read. That was my problem
I wonder if opening multiple tabs would help? I only delete expired loans and would never have bothered deleting 500 books.

Last edited by Joykins; 08-28-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #14
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I wonder if opening multiple tabs would help? I only delete expired loans and would never have bothered deleting 500 books.
Doesn't seem to. Amazon only likes you to delete one at a time
Old 08-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #15
book64
Love reading

Quote:
You get a new one of those every time you re-register an app without de-registering it first. Devices can be managed at MYK and click the link to manage devices. There things can be deleted, renamed, etc.
Didn't know you had to deregister.
Found the page and clicked on the unwanted device ( Its the same one as before so I now have 2 resistered to the same device)
But it says unable to unregister.
What do I do now and where do I send new books to please?

Last edited by book64; 08-29-2013 at 12:31 PM.