Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #526
Dazrin
There's my cookie!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Blended cottage cheese is our go-to substitution for ricotta in lasagna or other recipes that call for it. Haven't been called on it yet, although I do love ricotta too.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #527
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I made of batch of egg bites the other day. I kind of improvised the recipe, based on a few I found online, and they came out kind of rubbery. Not inedible, but with a less-then-appealing mouth feel. I don't think I used enough cheese....and also I probably made a poor cheese choice.....I used packaged Swiss.....

Anyone have any proven egg bite recipes?

[Edit: Ha! Cross-posted with Hitch, GMTA!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Did anyone have the chance to try that one I posted? (this one: https://www.platingsandpairings.com/...bucks-copycat/ ) I didn't have cottage cheese until yesterday, so I haven't yet. ApK, did your recipe have cottage cheese? I'm wondering if that achieves that lighter mouth feel you're thinking about?

(Indeed, that's hilarious that we were both talking about it at the same time.)

Hitch
I've used this recipe and it turned out good. I like using green chilies and cheddar or monterey jack cheese. You need to use either cottage cheese or ricotta and also the blender or food processor. That makes them lighter and smoother. Not as much as Starbucks, but better than using all regular cheese. I had to add garlic and salt.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:14 PM   #528
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Blended cottage cheese is our go-to substitution for ricotta in lasagna or other recipes that call for it. Haven't been called on it yet, although I do love ricotta too.
ME TOO. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I've used this recipe and it turned out good. I like using green chilies and cheddar or monterey jack cheese. You need to use either cottage cheese or ricotta and also the blender or food processor. That makes them lighter and smoother. Not as much as Starbucks, but better than using all regular cheese. I had to add garlic and salt.

Well, yeah, but who the hell here has time to sous vide eggs? I damn sure don't. I can tolerate some imperfection for convenience.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #529
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I've done two batches of yogurt so far. Both turned out excellent! Yeah! I swear if I do nothing else but yogurt in this thing it will be worth it!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote