Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
justinside
justinside began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Angry Problems converting PDFs with columns

Hi

i really like Calibre - but when I try and convert PDFs to use on my kindle - if there is more than one column of text on a page i can't get them to display properly - and those pages are incomprehensible.

If I email direct to Amazon then the conversion does work - though it's still rubbish for tables of figures..

Does anyone know the right way to do this in Calibre? I have 50 work based PDFs i need to get onto the device today!

Many thanks

Justin
justinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There is no support for converting multi-column PDF files as of now. There is a new PDF conversion engine in the works, but it isn't finished yet.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, convert, pdf