Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Factory reset after almost a year!

I've had the Vox since November 2011 with minimal problems. I don't even believe I ever saw the infamous SOD. I just added an audio book on my external SD card and after re-inserting it was going to look for an audio book app when the Vox became very slow, then unresponsive. Numerous times I tried to reboot it but only got 3 blinks of the indicator light. Eventually a message came up saying it's resetting to the original factory condition. Damn! No I have to find and reconfigure all my apps again. Does this happen a lot? At least I'm still inside the warranty period if my Vox is dying.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I have had the slow response occasionally, I usually just put it down for 5 to 10 mins when it does this and it sorts itself out

I am wary of forced restarts incase something gets corrupt

If you had the option set to backup to google (not sure if this is the default) it should bring back any settings you had when you re install an app, but I have read reports of this not working very well for people

good luck getting it going again, hopefully it's not to painful
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Yeah, I;ve had it slow and freeze before, but it sorted itself out. Once I took the Vox out of its case and started to remove the back to disconnect the battery, but it recovered. Seems like this time I was too impatient and pressed the power button too long too often.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
Jackorama
Jackorama began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
My mother's would do a factory reset every time she used it. It was a real pain to set it up every time for her. Mine, on the other hand, didn't have that problem. They were both purchased at the same time. But, the last time I set it up there was an major update. She phones me today to tell me that she has had no factory resets for over a week since she started to use it again. So, knock on wood, I hope the last update fixed the problem.
Jackorama is offline   Reply With Quote