Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Half reset KT?

My kindle suddenly lost all files in /mnt/us. I can't find books, launcher, jbpatch etc. Help!
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
wl.
Enthusiast
wl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-505
change firmware to another version to check, if it helps...
wl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This may be a no-brainer, but what do you see in /mnt/us?

General comment: you should really get used to providing relevant information. Just saying "it doesn't work" or "I don't see files" is not sufficient to troubleshoot potential problems. You will greatly help yourself, as well as the ones who are trying to help you, by providing as detailed information as possible.

What did you do? What did you expect? And most importantly, what did you try?(*)

(*) Thanks, geekmaster!

Last edited by ixtab; 05-28-2012 at 02:53 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
My kindle suddenly lost all files in /mnt/us. I can't find books, launcher, jbpatch etc. Help!
That happened to me once. If the startup scripts cannot successfully mount /mnt/us as a vfat partition, they reformat it, then copy files to it from /opt.

Did you do anything to a startup script that could have caused that?

Otherwise, the USB drive can show up as 0-bytes and completely empty, which is (fake USB) "low power" battery recharging mode.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:51 AM   #5
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It shows up with the User Guide, a dictionary and the music and audible foldes.
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
It shows up with the User Guide, a dictionary and the music and audible folders.
It sounds like it got reformatted when the startup scripts failed to mount it. Did you do anything that could have damaged the USB drive partition format, or that could have confused the startup scripts to THINK that it was damaged?

If not, it could be a firmware bug that bit you.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
aditya3098
Guru

No, I just restarted my kindle and Surprise! the font hack is dead, along with all the others that are on /mnt/us. Oh well, guess i'll have to start from scratch. This time, i'm backing up p4 as well.