Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
hfqdx
hfqdx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Smile Help:the blue protect skin cover

Hi guys ,do ur PRS-T1 have the blue protect skin cover when unboxing?
I don't have that ,my machine is red,and doesn't has the cover,however I viewed the youtube,and see thoese guys which bought the black and white ones have .
I wonder does this mean mine is not the brand new one?
any one could help me ?
thx a lot
hfqdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The blue protect skin is a third party item. It doesn't come with the T1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
hfqdx

@JSWolf
I mean the original ones come with the machine ,on top of the frame of the ereader,plz see the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSiMMSMyCSk
Old 12-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Oh, you mean the clear plastic that's put on for protection of the bezel. i think you should contact Sony and ask them about it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Mine didn't come with plastic on the bezel. Might be USA-only.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
Mine didn't come with plastic on the bezel. Might be USA-only.
No, I'm pretty sure mine had that as well and I ordered form the German Sony Store.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My black one had the blue protective plastic but the white one did not.
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
My white reader was covered in that blue plastic film, and it was bought from a Sony shop in the UK.

It sounds like maybe your reader was opened/used and then returned to Sony. Take it back and ask for a new one.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #9
Mhtsos
Enthusiast
Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A210,Sony PRS-T1(sold),Cybook Orizon,Kobo Glo,Kindle PW2
I bought the red T1 too and it didn't had the protective clear plastic.

I don't believe is a second hand device because the box(or the device) had no sign of being open previously(I always check it).
Mhtsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
hfqdx

thank you guys for the reply.I've contacted the sony ,and they said that this is absolutely a brand new one. I suppose does that mean the device been made by the sony at different time has the different packing - style? lol...and ,the unboxing video on the youtube also has two different feature ,with & without the plastic...