Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
DHille
DHille began at the beginning.

Device: none
Firmware v 3.1 hyphenation support. What's up?

The Bookeen blog mentions (cf. http://bookeen.com/blog/) a better hyphenation support for the reader when updating to version 3.1.

Does anybody know what formats do support hyphenation? Especially, does epub on Orizon support hyphenation? If yes, what software is used to display epub data?

I'm asking because I'm owning a Gen3 which does not support hyphenation when reading epub. This is a known bug in Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) and is not being fixed in years! Now, I'm considering buying an Orizon, depending on Your answers :-)

Hille.
DHille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHille View Post
The Bookeen blog mentions (cf. http://bookeen.com/blog/) a better hyphenation support for the reader when updating to version 3.1.

Does anybody know what formats do support hyphenation? Especially, does epub on Orizon support hyphenation? If yes, what software is used to display epub data?

I'm asking because I'm owning a Gen3 which does not support hyphenation when reading epub. This is a known bug in Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) and is not being fixed in years! Now, I'm considering buying an Orizon, depending on Your answers :-)

Hille.
Indeed, no hyphenion for ePub on gen3. It's not a bug, more like a missing feature.
Orizon have it. Works not so bad. It's computer made hyphenation and not perfect, but it mostly does it's job.
And the software on the orizon is still ade with some bookeen code over it
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
DHille
DHille began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well "computer made hyphenation" as You call it, is most likely better than no hyphention; depending on the implementation it is sometimes very good (e.g. look a TeX). So this is certainly good news, especially when reading languages with very long compound words like german.

As a follow-up question: Does ADE support, respect and render soft-hyphens by now? This used to be the bug I was refering to and it was a real bumper nothing "like a missing feature" :-)
DHille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHille View Post
Well "computer made hyphenation" as You call it, is most likely better than no hyphention; depending on the implementation it is sometimes very good (e.g. look a TeX). So this is certainly good news, especially when reading languages with very long compound words like german.

As a follow-up question: Does ADE support, respect and render soft-hyphens by now? This used to be the bug I was refering to and it was a real bumper nothing "like a missing feature" :-)
I have absolutly no idea about soft hyphens.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote