Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
Dingo
Enthusiast
Dingo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe
Messed up my EE (original big one) and factory reset did not work

After problem with market I tried lot of thing from xda to enable it, nothing worked and after I messed up with lot of things on it I "wisely" decidet to factory reset it.

I did not mentioned I rooted it before and removed some system apps with titanium backup pro

Now after reset everything worked fine till green screen of welcome and 11 steps I skipped all after conecting to wi-fi because there was no eDGe server to register me.

And after skip I got blank screen just with notification bar, after while it locked itself, unlocked it by slideing and still blank.

Like there is no Launcher app.

Now I would use update.zip for ermine but I am lost so many PE users and everything here about PE.

But I need EE original standard one, so please someone direct me to right link for matching update.zip for EE (not PE) and easy instructions because I do not remember anything how I did it last time.

Should I first downgrade to dingo than use update for ermine ???

Update: after shut down (it let me by long press rotation button) after I turn it on it stays in loop (EDGE logo with 4 dots).

Last edited by Dingo; 04-01-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
Dingo
Enthusiast

Well again I got inpatient

I decidet to download golden update for EE (I hope I find right one) and follow this instructions

http://www.ethanphoenix.com/entourag...leid=263&nav=0

Last edited by Dingo; 04-01-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The golden update should take you back to Dingo and from there you can update to Ermine.

The main thing is THING before you do anything and always have a recovery strategy ready should anything go wrong.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
Dingo
Enthusiast

Everything worked, also to mentioned I used first golden dingo from this forum moded to not asking to register and after update to ermine alo did not ask me to register on EDGE server.

now next step root with z4root and try again to enable gapps.

PS what ever keyword I try can not find original post where I used link for moded goldenupdate Dingo anyway thanks to that guy/girl who posted link for that update as for his PE and also adding EE.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
Dingo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The golden update should take you back to Dingo and from there you can update to Ermine.

The main thing is THING before you do anything and always have a recovery strategy ready should anything go wrong.

Thank You, I am always afraid to work with eDGe I can not use any backup like i use on phones before update.

nandroid, Clockwork....hope somebody will find the way and there will be custom ROM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Dingo
Enthusiast

OK, another setback.
WIFI working on diferent APs, but cano get data on eDGe.
Can't get emai, can't open any webpage on browser.
Data is enabled in settings (bouth option ticked)
Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
Dingo
Enthusiast

OK, will repeat all over again and maybe stay on Dingo this time.

Now with dingo gold update from "sticky" topic.

Seems same as one I used before atleast same size.

well seems I got to open new topic.

Last edited by Dingo; 04-01-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
:-) You just need to follow carefully instructions for Golden Update first (using the right file in the right way) and then upgrade it to Ermine.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Dingo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
:-) You just need to follow carefully instructions for Golden Update first (using the right file in the right way) and then upgrade it to Ermine.
Yeah, I foloved it strictly.

But I just solved my problem with "FXR wifi fix and rescue" app, now data goes thru Dingo, now going to try Ermine.

So if anyone has simmilar problem try this app with combination to boot router also.