Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #31
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I was curious to see how it rendered text at small font sizes. Unless I missed it they only demonstrated large and very large fonts.
agreed. the review could/should have been better in that regard.

best wishes koboy
koboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:04 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I was curious to see how it rendered text at small font sizes. Unless I missed it they only demonstrated large and very large fonts.
That's common for them. They don't usually pay much attention to the reading experience in their reviews.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #33
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
at last something that slightly raises my curiosity level. a 6 inch screen (my preferred size) with page turn buttons plus a welcome return of the external micro SD card slot. i'd be tempted to buy it even without the colour.
Why not just look at the PocketBook Touch HD 3? No SD card slot, but it's a 6"reader with page turn buttons, waterproofing, orange lighting and 16GB of storage. It's at least $40 cheaper than the color reader.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:27 PM   #34
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Why not just look at the PocketBook Touch HD 3? No SD card slot, but it's a 6"reader with page turn buttons, waterproofing, orange lighting and 16GB of storage. It's at least $40 cheaper than the color reader.
thanks for the suggestion, but no SD card slot=no interest. unfortunately when they doubled the 8GB to 16GB from it's predecessor the Touch HD 2 they wrongly in my opinion did away with the slot. waterproofing/orange lighting=no interest, and as i mentioned i do have a lot of books with colour illustrations.

edit. btw aren't you the one who want's waterproofing/orange lighting?

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 07-30-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:36 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That's because GoodEReader has no clue how to do a proper review. They review everything as though it was a Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #36
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's because GoodEReader has no clue how to do a proper review. They review everything as though it was a Kindle.
True, but also when You review a Kindle You should show small font sizes, the ones that are likely used by the majority of users.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:36 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
True, but also when You review a Kindle You should show small font sizes, the ones that are likely used by the majority of users.
But they don't go over all the features that regular users might use. They just don't get ow to do a review that is done properly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #38
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
...btw aren't you the one who want's waterproofing/orange lighting?
I do. I'm just waiting for Kobo or Nook to do it. I think that will be the next iteration of 6" readers.

If I could get the Pocketbook Touch 3 HD or the Tolino Vision 4 HD for cheap, I'd pick one up. I'm just not so sure about the software on either.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 07-30-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #39
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I do. I'm just waiting for Kobo or Nook to do it. I think that will be the next iteration of 6" readers.

If I could get the Pocketbook Touch 3 HD or the Tolino Vision 4 HD for cheap, I'd pick one up. I'm just not so sure about the software on either.
it makes sense to stick with what you know. i bought the last generation Kindle basic (without the light) i soon went back to my Kobo especially once a realised i couldn't downgrade the Kindle Firmware. the new PocketBook Color however does tick many of my must have boxes while also offering something completely new (to me at least)

best wishes koboy
Old 07-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #40
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Here it is not still on sell, I have checked Pocketbook site and Amazon.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #41
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Only on sale in Germany and Austria at the moment, it seems. Pocketbook.de have it in their online store.

I was going to buy one just for the fun of ot, but although the site apparently sells to customers in the UK, I was not able to complete checkout as no option for delivery to the UK.....so I e-mailed them and got a polite reply saying only on sale to EU countries (UK left the EU in January but is in "transition" and still effectively in the EU until next year). Briefly considered setting up a mail forwarding address in Germany, but then though better of it. A pity because the price is quite reasonable.

I shall wait and see if Amazon pick up this product: only a matter of time I would imagine. If you are in the EU 27 then I think pocketbook.de might be a good option: they have the whole range, cases, accessories too.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:27 PM   #42
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Color PB633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowriver View Post
Only on sale in Germany and Austria at the moment, it seems. Pocketbook.de have it in their online store.

I was going to buy one just for the fun of ot, but although the site apparently sells to customers in the UK, I was not able to complete checkout as no option for delivery to the UK.....so I e-mailed them and got a polite reply saying only on sale to EU countries (UK left the EU in January but is in "transition" and still effectively in the EU until next year). Briefly considered setting up a mail forwarding address in Germany, but then though better of it. A pity because the price is quite reasonable.

I shall wait and see if Amazon pick up this product: only a matter of time I would imagine. If you are in the EU 27 then I think pocketbook.de might be a good option: they have the whole range, cases, accessories too.
Its on sale right now on goodereader. I pteordered mine in April, its been shipped, supposed to arrive August 7th, shipped from hong Kong. They said they would be getting 100 a week and had 300 preorders, so it might be a bit to het yours now
scionmessenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:23 AM   #43
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scionmessenger View Post
Its on sale right now on goodereader. I pteordered mine in April, its been shipped, supposed to arrive August 7th, shipped from hong Kong. They said they would be getting 100 a week and had 300 preorders, so it might be a bit to het yours now
Perhaps I could have been clearer. I was replying to the post below reporting the situation in Italy. So my comments were about the European market. I don't really see the point of ordering from a Canadian web site in US$ for delivery to Europe, though I have nothing against Goodereader, I find the web site very useful to get a look at all the various models of device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Here it is not still on sell, I have checked Pocketbook site and Amazon.
I notice today the Pocketbook Color has appeared on UK Amazon site, a small German business seller, of course for a little more than pocketbook.de is asking.....delivery on Monday. Not bad! Still no sign on Amazon.de...

Maybe worth waiting a little longer to see if more sellers enter the fray and the price gets closer to the German one.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:44 AM   #44
Crowriver
Groupie

I searched for the seller (Sotel) and they have the Pocketbook Color on sale at their own site for a few euros less than pocketbook.de. Reasonable delivery charges too...
Old 07-31-2020, 07:47 AM   #45
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Color PB633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowriver View Post
Perhaps I could have been clearer. I was replying to the post below reporting the situation in Italy. So my comments were about the European market. I don't really see the point of ordering from a Canadian web site in US$ for delivery to Europe, though I have nothing against Goodereader, I find the web site very useful to get a look at all the various models of device.

I notice today the Pocketbook Color has appeared on UK Amazon site, a small German business seller, of course for a little more than pocketbook.de is asking.....delivery on Monday. Not bad! Still no sign on Amazon.de...

Maybe worth waiting a little longer to see if more sellers enter the fray and the price gets closer to the German one.
Just so you know, as I said up in my previous comment they are shipping from hong kong, not Canada. Also there shipping is free to us, not sute about italy. So around 230 us shipped. The amazon seller is selling there's with 79 pounds shipping so 281 pound's, which is around 370 us! This is the first item ive ordered from goodereader, maybe since its new its coming direct from the manufacture, although when I messaged them I was connected to their Hong kong branch. Maybe all there other stuff is shipped from canada.
scionmessenger is offline   Reply With Quote