Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kindle Paperwhite 2 turns on automatically

I've noticed that in the past few months that my Kindle Paperwhite 2 will occasionally turn on seemingly by itself.

It's happened in my backpack and I thought maybe something had pushed the button but there was nothing else in the pocket. Also, it's happened just carrying it in hand with my glasses case on top of the screen.

Any ideas?

Jailbroke & running firmware: 5.11.2 (3541850032).

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:17 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Any magnets nearby?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:49 PM   #3
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Since you are jailbroken, you can test switching off the Hall (magnet) sensor
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328450
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Any magnets nearby?
No magnets anywhere.

Old 09-19-2020, 02:35 AM   #5
ixsu
ixsu began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW4
Did you serial jailbreak your PW2? Mine had a problem with randomly waking up after I accidentally ripped out the TP1706 pad (and a bit of the wire leading to the connector below) while removing some solder during the jailbreak. In the end it started working correctly again after I covered the pad (and a tiny bit of the area around it) with a big blob of solder.
ixsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:42 AM   #6
just_jeepin
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixsu View Post
Did you serial jailbreak your PW2? Mine had a problem with randomly waking up after I accidentally ripped out the TP1706 pad (and a bit of the wire leading to the connector below) while removing some solder during the jailbreak. In the end it started working correctly again after I covered the pad (and a tiny bit of the area around it) with a big blob of solder.
No, just a software jailbreak years ago when that was possible.

I'm pretty sure my hard reading glass case doesn't have any magnets but I'm keeping it away from the kindle to see it that solves it.