Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
practigal
practigal began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Angry eReader Pro--Problem with Registration Code

For some unknown reason, I cannot register by eReader Pro with the (unlock/registration) code provided by palmdigitialmedia.com. I have sent them at least 8 emails. I've tried using different variations of my name and substituting an "0" (zero) for an "O" in the code. Is it me or has anyone had a similiar problem. I purchased eReaderPro almost 3 months ago. My code is like this:

NNAAN-ANAAA-NNAAA

N=Number, A=Alpha

Thanks for your help.
practigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Practigal,
The keys may be of very different form now than 6 months ago when I bought eReaderPro for Pocket PC, but I have...

AAAAA-AAAA-AANAA for Pocket PC, and
AAAAA-AANAA-AANAA previously for PalmOS.

Hope that helps you interpret the code. Good luck.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
tddisc
tddisc began at the beginning.

Device: TT3 & iPaq 5555
It appears that the exact order numbers and letters is simply based on your ID that you used to register it because my codes have yet a different order.
But here are a few suggestions that you may or may not have tried:

-Make sure the code you have is correct, login into your account at www.ereader.com (the new name of PalmDigitalMedia) and check what you have against what they have.

-Make sure your ID for eReader (which can also be found in your account) is same as your device, i.e. same capitalization, same spaces, etc. If it's different, contact them to get a code for the correct ID.

-Delete eReader off of your device to remove anything that might be corrupted and then reinstall it.

-Use their contact form at http://www.ereader.com/support/contact to submit this problem to them once again.

I hope you can get this figured out.
TD
tddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
practigal
practigal began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
eReader Pro---Prob with Reg Code

I followed the advice of a responder to my original thread and deleted the eReader Pro, and downloaded another copy from my bookshelf. However, when I tried to install it on my handheld, I got the following:

ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files.
If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation.

Please advise. Thanks
practigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #5
Alistair
Alistair began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T
Make sure that you are entering your name the exact way that it appears on your bookshelf. My wife's name appeared differently for her books and it was confusing. Also keep pounding at the palmdigitalmedia online support. It took us a couple of emails but the first answer we got to a problem we had was the right one. I may still have the name of one of the support people. I'd have to look at my email response. Good Luck.
Alistair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #6
tddisc
tddisc began at the beginning.

Device: TT3 & iPaq 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by practigal
ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files.
It sounds like you are trying to install the .zip file instead of the .prc file. Make sure to delete the .zip file from HotSync or Quick Install (not the original file you downloaded). You may need to delete manually from the install folder which is usually at C:\Program Files\PalmOne [or just Palm]\[Your HotSync ID with last word first, i.e. Hotsync ID: John Smith=Folder: SmithJ]\Install\Card.

Unzip the file you downloaded (Windows XP can do it by itself, or you may need to download WinZip http://www.winzip.com, Mac OS computers should have UnStuffIt to unzip the file), install the file 'ereader.prc', and HotSync.

TD
tddisc is offline   Reply With Quote