Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #76
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
There were also reported problems (and a thread here) about the plastic developing cracks near the bottom of the screen.
And some units crashing with the covers (some grounding problem with the connectors perhaps), although I've never seen that.

Sure, Kindle 3 had its niggles, but overall it was a really, really balanced product. After that Amazon split the product family eventually three-ways and to get, today, what you got in Kindle 3, you have to choose between $69 Kindle, Paperwhite and the Fire (for audio books), neither really as complete, as no-compromises e-reader as the Kindle 3 was. Maybe the PW can eventually get there once they sort out its niggles, and the Touch was pretty good, but still I feel like as a fan of Kindle, my purchasing decisions have been harder since the fourth generation - and not just because there is more choice, but because Amazon chose to make new and different compromises in various models.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #77
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Horrible, horrible keyboard, in my view. I can type about 10x faster on the "soft" keyboard on the Kindle Touch and successors, than on the nasty rubber keys of the K3.
A bit OTT there, Harry.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #78
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Although the Kindle 3 does have a clunky keyboard, I haven't found that to be much of a problem since I rarely type on it.

All the devices have pluses and minuses. I really like my Kindle 3. It's easy to hold, the page-turn buttons are great, I can use text-to-speech when proofreading, and the K3 can store a lot of e-books. I have the 3G model, which actually came in handy during a regional electric power disruption several years ago when I had no wi-fi internet access.

I do look forward to getting a Paperwhite someday, mainly because of the built-in lighting, but I will really miss physical page-turn buttons!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #79
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My K3 is 2 yrs old & until I dropped it 2xs on the cement floor was perfect! Now has crack between sym & K keys also the back pops off upper right! 1 break per drop LOL I have 2500 ebooks on it & 1 audio still acts brand new!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote