Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
KPW Managing Collections

I have never owned a Touch, but have now a Paperwhite. I also own a K4NT which I packed with books and collections, with the help of the Calibre Kindle Collections Plugin, which is brilliant btw (Calibre as well as the plugin of course).

Can I use that plugin for the PW (I remember vaguely that it did not work with the Touch) ?
If not, what do you suggest to manage my collections on the Paperwhite so that they are strictly identical on both devices ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I have never owned a Touch, but have now a Paperwhite. I also own a K4NT which I packed with books and collections, with the help of the Calibre Kindle Collections Plugin, which is brilliant btw (Calibre as well as the plugin of course).

Can I use that plugin for the PW (I remember vaguely that it did not work with the Touch) ?
If not, what do you suggest to manage my collections on the Paperwhite so that they are strictly identical on both devices ?
You should be able to import collections back and forth. It should work fine as long as the books are identical files and not modified in any way. So just move over the non DRM books from your K4 to the PW and the redownload the Amazon ones then import the collections from the K4. It's usually found under Archive Items. You might have to go to list view. I can't see them removing this feature on the PW but I do know the K4, K3, KT and K4PC have this option.

This is how I keep all my K4s sync and the K3 when it was mine.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried. Some books were recognized and put in the right collections, most not...
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
No, you can't use the plugin.

Here are the instructions for importing collections for the Paperwhite (scroll about halfway down the page).

However, I'm not sure that will help you. Collections made by calibre with the plugin and collections you make on your Kindle might be treated differently. I seem to recall that only the ones I created on the Kindle could be imported on my Kindle Keyboard, but perhaps that's changed since I last tried it.

ETA: I saw your recent post. If the collections from calibre aren't recognized, then I'm afraid you'll have to put the books into collections manually, either on your device or I've seen posts from people here who do the collections in their Kindle for PC/Mac app and import from there.

Last edited by Synamon; 10-08-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I tried. Some books were recognized and put in the right collections, most not...
They have to be the exact copies. Copy the books from the Kindle to Kindle in order to work. They are super picky about that.

What I did is backup my doc folder to my desktop then move the files from there onto the new Kindle. I then imported the collections via WiFi.
These are all non drm books with mbp files and all.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
aceflor
Wizard

Yes, that is what I will probably end up doing. What a nuisance though....