Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
stexyn
stexyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Kindle 4 NT factory condition

Hi people,
I have a kindle 4 not touch and I have installed Duokan + font mod in kindle operating system without jailbreak.

Now if I wanto came back in the original condition, I can uninstall Duokan, but what folders/files I have to delete on kindle from my computer?
I don't want to delete necessary folder and brik the device...

A firmware flash procedure exsists?
stexyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
That would probably be the most sure way to get back to "factory condition" - re-flash one of the known good images.
The machine does not have to be "bricked" to re-flash the operating system and kernel image pair.
Just study the directions for the K4 here, ask questions about anything not clear.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The 4.0.0 images are virgin factory images, as I recall. You can install an official firmware upgrade later after you debrick to 4.0.0. It helps to zero the start of /dev/mmcblk0p3 as well, to complete the "factory fresh out of the box" experience. These steps are provided in detail in the small debricking guide, and in the simple debricking sticky thread.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote