Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
cfhaynes
cfhaynes began at the beginning.

Device: Palm
ebooks research

Hi folks

I'm updating the book Paperless Publishing, which I wrote some 12 years ago for McGraw-Hill in the US. This time it will be possible to publish independently and distribute online without all the problems that a commercial book publisher still creates for authors and other creative content providers.

I'd really appreciate input from forum members on your experiences and views of ebooks, particularly from authors. Also, the motivations and experiences of Patricia and others who work so diligently to make ebooks available to forum members.

Any comments you have on the best authoring software would be welcome - eg why is it that one of the best - Neobook - seems to get so little attention. What do you think of the new Adobe and open source formats?

You can reply here, or reach me directly at the following addresses

Thanks for your attention

Colin Haynes is an international author and journalist and owner of the e-booksinternational.com/autocluster/digitaldrivetime groups of Web sites. His books on computing and IT include Paperless Publishing (McGraw-Hill), Breaking the Language Barriers - MT in practice (Aslib), Portable Computing (American Management Association) and Computer Viruses, Worms & Data Diddlers (with John McAfee, St. Martin's Press)

My new mobile number in Ireland is 086 269 4247,
but as it is not always easy to get a signal,
please try the landline first.
email: colinhaynes@eircom.net
Tel: 353 (0)49 433 9491
Mobile: (0)86 269 4247
Mail:The Old School House,
Augharann, Aughavas,
County Leitrim, Ireland
cfhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote