Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 04:50 AM   #931
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
@davidfor

I did that. It's only for "Add shelf" actions for when adding shelf values. I meant for actions when using the "Remove shelf" because when I used "Remove shelf" for to-read, the "to-read" value from my calibre column is still there. Or am I missing something else?
Sorry, you are right. I've hardly used the add actions so hadn't looked at that properly.

I'll have a look at it. Adding remove-from-shelf actions shouldn't be to hard as it should be basically the same as the add-to-shelf actions. But, I'll need to go through it carefully to make sure I don't miss anything. I won't make any promises.

Of course, if you or someone else wants to make the changes, I'll be happy to answer any questions, test the code and go over it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #932
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
Thank you for your reply, sorry I missed the other post about the reviews! I'm a regular reviewer and I manually add them on Calibre, a notification (along with the option "don't overwrite reviews if the text exceeds the characters limitation") would be terrific, me and all the reviewers out there wouldn't have to manually add/update the short ones, and be pointed straight away to the books with a longer review.
The discussion was some months ago. Someone complained about partial reviews, so I looked to see why.

If I remember correctly, if the review exceeded the API character limit, Goodreads added some dots or something to the end. As a first try, if this is detected report it and, optionally, don't download the review if it already exists. The latter shouldn't be to hard. The reporting might be as there is nothing that currently reports the status at the end of a shelf sync. It might be possible on the sync dialog (I don't know if the review has been retrieved at this point), but how to show it would be the question.

Again, I'll think about it, but I'm not promising anything.
Advert
Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #933
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The discussion was some months ago. Someone complained about partial reviews, so I looked to see why.

If I remember correctly, if the review exceeded the API character limit, Goodreads added some dots or something to the end. As a first try, if this is detected report it and, optionally, don't download the review if it already exists. The latter shouldn't be to hard. The reporting might be as there is nothing that currently reports the status at the end of a shelf sync. It might be possible on the sync dialog (I don't know if the review has been retrieved at this point), but how to show it would be the question.

Again, I'll think about it, but I'm not promising anything.
Thank you, yes, GR adds some dots, something like [...]. I turned off the import review feature because the character limit is stringent and I've already manually added lots of reviews and I wouldn't want to do it again (though if I update them on GR, and forget to update them on Calibre, it would take too much time to find out, and I leave them out of date on Calibre).

If the plugin could detect and report the dots, and have an option not to download the review if it already exists (or even better, not to download the review if it exceeds the GR character limit. This would take care of all the updates on shorter reviews), it would be awesome. If the reporting is a problem, I wonder if a search for "read" books which also "exceed the GR limit" and (optionally) have "no comment text" could be feasible. That would tell me exactly which books I've reviewed on GR that have no text on Calibre. I don't know if there is a way to flag the books that have a review which exceeds the limit, but that would be the discriminant.

I hope you'll address the issue sometime in the future (and I'm available for any analysis/testing work), but of course, thank you for all your great work on the plugin!
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #934
dkplayaclub
dkplayaclub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I recently deleted a large number of books from my Calibre library, but they are all still listed in my Goodreads library, as I always create a link between the two.
Is there a way with this plugin to remove all books from my Goodreads shelf that are no longer in my library? Going through them manually will be a HUGE chore since I deleted about 500 books from a 6000 book library.
dkplayaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #935
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkplayaclub View Post
I recently deleted a large number of books from my Calibre library, but they are all still listed in my Goodreads library, as I always create a link between the two.
Is there a way with this plugin to remove all books from my Goodreads shelf that are no longer in my library? Going through them manually will be a HUGE chore since I deleted about 500 books from a 6000 book library.
I think you're out of luck. Calibre now has no way to tell what books you did have in Goodreads.

Do you have a unique shelf on Goodreads for books in your Calibre library? If so, you could sync from that shelf to a new Calibre tag, creating new entries for every book not found. Then remove that tag from all the books that have the original tag. Now you have the set of books that were deleted. Sync that tag back to a different shelf (50 at a time). Finally go to Goodreads and do whatever you want to the books on that shelf...

Next time you do this add a tag to all the books you want to delete (say "TBD"), sync TBD to Goodreads, then go to Goodreads do whatever you want to those books, and finally delete all the books tagged TBD in Calibre.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #936
Debtoine
Debtoine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Is there a way to take my Calibre library, and add it to my GoodReads "my books" list?
Debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #937
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If your calibre library is very small, or you're willing to do it in lots of small steps :-)

You can select up to 50 books, and select from the context menu: Goodreads -> "Add to shelf..." (any shelf in Goodreads), but GR limits the amount you can hit the API, so you can only do 50 books at a time.

Alternatively, you dump your calibre books to CSV and add them right from the Goodreads website.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:37 AM   #938
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Estimated release date

I have exclusive shelves for pre-ordered or "waiting for it" books. I sync them with my library by adding blank books. Would be nice if I could add a custom date column that keeps track of the estimated release dates instead of the dates I added the book to Calibre.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:16 AM   #939
auspex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I have exclusive shelves for pre-ordered or "waiting for it" books. I sync them with my library by adding blank books. Would be nice if I could add a custom date column that keeps track of the estimated release dates instead of the dates I added the book to Calibre.
Is that even available from Goodreads? Yes, it's there on the book page, but I don't know if it's provided in the API at all.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #940
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
I don't see it in the API, from a quick look.

That said, it's simply a normal (but future) publication date on the book page. GR Sync may not be able to fetch it, but the GR Metadata plugin should.
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #941
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The metadata source plugins can only update a subset of the standard columns. They cannot make any changes to custom columns. If the planned publication date is in the same location and identified in the same way as the actual publication date, then fetching the metadata from goodreads will get it. It's not something I've needed to look at, so I don't know for sure.

@Rellwood: I don't think I'd use a separate column for this. If the planned publication date is in the publication date field of the book, I would probably use an icon or colour rule to make these books visible. The rule would check if it is on your "waiting for it" shelf and if the date is in the past, show something to indicate it's a book you can buy. And maybe something else to show that it is in the future. Or you could have a column made from others that is only populated with the publication date if it is on the shelf.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #942
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the planned publication date is in the same location and identified in the same way as the actual publication date, then fetching the metadata from goodreads will get it. It's not something I've needed to look at, so I don't know for sure.
It's in the same place, but identified slightly differently. Instead of saying "Published" it says "Expected publication on"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...e-book-of-dust for an example (vs https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...Golden_Compass for instance)
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #943
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Has anyone else noticed "off by one" (+1 day) bug for "date read" sync from Goodreads to Calibre? It seams to have started somewhere between 18.01.2017. and 20.02.2017. Anyone remember when was the support for re-reading books added to Goodreads?

I've noticed the error today when I saw that the book I've finished (and marked as read) today has "date read" column filled with "13.03.2017." There is 3 hours left here until beginning of 13th (and I've marked that book as read 18 hours ago)
I've checked dates on Goodreads (by click in edit review button) for those books books that have +1 day values and all have correct date on Goodreads site.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #944
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Has anyone else noticed "off by one" (+1 day) bug for "date read" sync from Goodreads to Calibre? It seams to have started somewhere between 18.01.2017. and 20.02.2017. Anyone remember when was the support for re-reading books added to Goodreads?
Not remembering It was announced on Feb, 7th
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #945
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
You must have celebrated that day
Could you check the "date read" sync on your end? (for books read after that date).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads