Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
nathansuchy
Enthusiast
nathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wifi
How do I change my Kindles boot animation.

I have a Kindle 3. Where are the boot photos stored?
nathansuchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansuchy View Post
I have a Kindle 3. Where are the boot photos stored?
No idea.... If you find them, let us know.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
No idea.... If you find them, let us know.
They are stored on the eMMC flash chip.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
nathansuchy
Enthusiast
nathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternathansuchy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

How do I access that?
Old 11-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How do I access that?
Method 1: Jailbreak. Install USB Networking. SSH into your kindle. Explore around the root filesystem for image files that look like what you are interested in.

Method 2: Download a debricking repair image. Mount it on your host PC. Explore the mounted filesystem looking for image files that look like what you are interested in.

I suggest using method 1. You will need the experience for when you start making changes to your kindle rootfs, and you need to debrick it.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

I am using Linux mint and accessing my kindles root filesystem just like any other file where are the images? Can you give me names or filepaths?
Old 11-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
geekmaster

Quote:
I am using Linux mint and accessing my kindles root filesystem just like any other file where are the images? Can you give me names or filepaths?
I doubt that what you said is true. You are probably just accessing /mnt/us, NOT / (the rootfs). I cannot give you names or filepaths for YOUR files on YOUR kindle. I do not even know what model kindle you have, or what firmware version you are running. And even if I could, those image files are NOT in /mnt/us, so good luck finding them by "accessing your kindle's root filesystem" from linux mint.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

Not to be rude but,

I SPENT TWO HOURS CONFIGUREING USB NETWORKING THE FOLDERS I SEE ARE BIN DEV ETC LIB MNT OPT PROC SBIN SYS TEST TMP USR VAR LINUXRC SO I AM NOT Q LIAR.

(not yelling just making a point)
Please give me file paths...
Old 11-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

I can email you a photo if you do not believe me if you want one please PM me your email
Old 11-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Please give me file paths...
Well, you managed to be rude without trying, not the best way to get help.

Please provide the model of Kindle and the firmware version.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

Kindle 3 Wifi USA (Serial starts as B008) I am sorry for being rude.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can email you a photo if you do not believe me if you want one please PM me your email
Do you seriously think that is a good way to get answers to your problems?

Please provide the model of Kindle and the firmware version you are asking about.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

I just did if you saw my last post it is a Kindle 3 Wifi USA (Serial starts with B008)
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I just did if you saw my last post it is a Kindle 3 Wifi USA (Serial starts with B008)
Firmware version number please.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
nathansuchy
Enthusiast

It is running kindle version 3.4