Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #331
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This Black Friday, I'll get rid of my desktop and replace it with an 11.6" laptop.
Come on man. Don't do that. Think of the nostalgia you will lose.

Over to my left from where I am sitting happily clicking away at my "augmented" 11.8" Acer Chromebook sits a 19" Dell Trinitron CRT monitor hooked up to a large Dell XPS T450 tower. The setup runs my WiFi router, my printer and my print network. It has oodles of ports, ins and outs some not used much any more for Firewire and USB2 external drives, and Firewire networks, 2 hard drives and can slam a fast ball over a fence 400 feet away.

I no longer format my stock portfolios on it, but it does display charts from Word and Excel writing projects.

It also is my dedicated 24/7 down loader, a task it is been doing diligently since 1998 or earlier. (about 20 years come to think of it)

Besides my Chromebook, I have 2 working Windows machines in the den, and a superb Toshiba (old work machine) in "my repair pile." It needs a new hard drive. Not a problem to fix, but definitely redundant. I probably would replace the desktop with it if that were needed. I have of course other devices too as shown under my Name in this blog.

Some how my youngest son can use his phone a Cricket ZTE ($80) as a TV, a phone, a GPS for driving or hiking, a computer, especially a social media machine and also use it to hit a curve ball into the upper deck 500 feet away. "Youth will be served!"

Anyway run that old desktop until the wheel fall off.

Last edited by frahse; 09-06-2018 at 02:51 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #332
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You don't just pick up a rock to hammer nails?
I've been known to use a shoe, or a wrench, or whatever is handy. I'm not proud

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #333
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You don't just pick up a rock to hammer nails?
No, but I have wrecked more than one butter knife trying to use it as a screwdriver.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote