Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
jcleaver
jcleaver began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
It would be nice if audible books, like from audible.com wopuld work on the Nook Color; however at least as far as Audible.com I think it will be a case of never; as Amazon owns Audible.com. I have a ton of books from them and would love to use them on a NookColor.
jcleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #17
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Good PDF support is highest on my list. I'm not going away from e-ink for reading novels, but PDF would be very handy for D20 gaming (Pathfinder RPG for me), user manuals (like motherboard manuals while I'm building a PC), etc.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #18
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Kindle for Android

Why - because so far they have been giving away books like candy on Halloween - I have more free books for Kindle than free and purchased books for any other reader system. It would be nice to read them all on one device.

....mind you, I am definitely getting a nook color - it is a bit smaller and a lot more affordable than the iPad. Which I do love, but can't afford.

Oddly enough - it also has more pixels per inch than the iPad. much potential here....
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
becsta
Enthusiast
becsta doesn't litterbecsta doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
I would like integration with:

Google Calender
Gmail
Photobucket
ebay
facebook
Alarm clock
acar
Loot
Dolphin Browser
Google My Maps
becsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
AuntPie
Nook Color User
AuntPie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I would like to see a Netflix app.
AuntPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #21
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I would like Zinio for my magazines, as well as handwriting recognition. A good note taker would be nice too.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #22
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Lots of word games would be cool:
  • Scrabble
  • Hangman
  • Jumble
  • NYT Crossword
  • word search
  • etc
and my inner child wants Candyland and Chutes & Ladders
Speaking of word games... I like cryptograms. That would be nice to have.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #23
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Comic Reading (all brands) through official stores

More magazines (scif, movie stuff, etc)

Expand the reading and community reading features

Expand music and video features (low priority for me)

I guess I just want this to be the ultimate LCD reading device.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #24
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
Instapaper - there's some support with Cailbre, but an app would be better.
Evernote - just in case, I'm sure the Nook keyboard beats most smartphones' when I need to take notes in pinch.
Pulse - just an extension of the nook color's magazine abilities, Pulse is the way I enjoy rss, though it's no hardcore reader.
Dropbox and other methods of remote access to docs and pics. Hey, if it has quickoffice and wifi, this is just natural.
Apps that can highlight and annotate PDF and office docs with social networking like the default ePub program. Useful for students and academics.

Would also like to see a way to access iPad optimized versions of websites like gmail, it's more intuitive than desktop and more functional than mobile/phone.

Last edited by ypocaramel; 11-18-2010 at 04:10 AM.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Stand alone dictionary, note taking, podcasts, Dropbox, word games
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #26
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Interactive nature guides like iBird Pro and Audubon Birds. Flowers, fish, mammals, trees, butterflies, etc.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
Interactive nature guides like iBird Pro and Audubon Birds. Flowers, fish, mammals, trees, butterflies, etc.
Those would be cool apps to have on a 7" screen. Great for nature watching and trips to the zoo.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Speaking of word games... I like cryptograms. That would be nice to have.

Ellen
The Color is a natural for word games and I hope they put a bunch more on it.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I love the Pandora app, except I just found out it has two subscription plans: paid= $36/year and free= 40 hours listening, then $0.99 for the rest of the month. I'll easily reach the free limit on the Color; and without flash, I have no other listening options (Last.fm, AOL Radio, BBC Radio, NPR, etc).

Dang, I don't like the idea of being nickeled and dimed to death on the internet. Android 2.2 can't get here soon enough for me.

I need flash!!!

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-24-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: corrected wrong pricing info
Old 11-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #30
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I love the Pandora app, except I just found out it has two subscription plans: paid= $36/year and free= 40 hours listening, then $0.99/song. I'll easily reach the free limit on the Color and without flash, I have no other listening options (Last.fm, AOL Radio, BBC Radio, NPR, etc).

Dang, I don't like the idea of being nickeled and dimed to death on the internet. Android 2.2 can't get here soon enough for me.

I need flash!!!

If it's like the Internet station, that's $.99 per month, not per song.

True, the Nook may be different, but I find that price hard to believe.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote