Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Jujuliepac
Jujuliepac began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet - moonreader
Moonreader reading AND Music player at the same time

Hi guys,

I've been using moonreader for a long time. Love it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how I could possibly use the reading function and play Music (though another player, hopefully Spotify) at the same time.
There are some concentration binaural sounds which would make a big difference for me if I could play along with the reading book.

Thanks a lot!!!
Jujuliepac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Since you haven't actually named your device, this may be a stab in the dark. On my Likebook Mars, the default behavior was to kill a process whenever a new one started. For example, it could play music with Spotify, but as soon as I ran the Kindle app, the music would stop. To fix this, I had to make exceptions for the apps I wanted to run in the background. I did this by going to BySettings > Power management > Application startup management and checking the Background activity checkbox for the app I wanted to let run in the background.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Any decent android tablet will play continue to play music in background while you are doing other stuff.
So unless moon grabs the audio control case you trigger text to speech, it should just work
Update. Like I said.
It just works
Tested by starting a song on Spotify then opening a book in moon, my music continued to play.
Lenovo yoga tab 3 plus, or pro- can never remember which is which. Android 7

Last edited by stumped; 10-05-2018 at 12:29 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote