Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
positive/negative experience with onyx support?

What's your experience with onyx support?
The WiFi connection on my M92 is not working, and I logged a support ticket some days ago. It just sits there. How long until reaction?
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
The WiFi connection on my M92 is not working, and I logged a support ticket some days ago. It just sits there. How long until reaction?
Hi,

where did you buy your ereader?
And where did you ask for support?

Some days ago some stores could be closed for holidays I guess..
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Actually I did as well. I had 5 or 6 questions which I could not solve myself because there was no manual available.They issue a ticket(?) and then you can look up the answer at their website. With the cautionary note that you would possibly log into your account. Which I did not have and could not create either.
Anyway, after two day I received a link to their site: invalid ticket. I complained via email. They sent a new link with a new "ticket". It worked.
A guy named Hans, apparently dutch, told me to check the manual (download link provided). Should I have further questions, please contact us - etc.etc. -seems they did not look at the questions - they were not covered in the manual.
So I ended up where I started.
Among other things I was interested why the home button does not take you to the home screen - and was it really possible that a device on which you can store 32 GB of books(thousands!) has no search function.
My assessment: friendly uneffectiveness.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

Well, I for one had some questions one week ago in the forum here which did not meet too much interest, although I am sure not to be the only one scratching his/her head ...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163708
Onyx M92 - Excitement and questions
ignacio ferrer (01-03-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I had opened a ticket on technical issues a couple of weeks ago, and the reply came quickly. But those were general questions, not a bug report.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hi,

Hi,

I bought it at ebookreaderstore.de and logged the ticket at onyx-boox.com.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur

Btw, is it just me who is having trouble setting up his wlan connection?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi,

I bought it at ebookreaderstore.de and logged the ticket at onyx-boox.com.
For me it is pretty much one and the same company in Netherlands
(checked via http://www.whois.net/). So don't expect too much there and please don't call them Onyx! The guys aren't really working for Onyx - just selling Onyx products - so Onyx actually can't be made responsible for insufficient support of some stores, where the products of Onyx are in program.

Can you tell me what exactly the problem with your WLAN connection is?

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-10-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
ignacio ferrer
Banned

Quote:
For me it is pretty much one and the same company in Netherlands
(checked via http://www.whois.net/). So don't expect too much there and please don't call them Onyx! The guys aren't really working for Onyx - just selling Onyx products - so Onyx actually can't be made responsible for insufficient support of some stores, where the products of Onyx are in program.

You are a funny guy.If you google onyx you are directed to this page. So Onyx is not responsible for the lousy support. Ok, what about their not even having a website? Is this supposed to be better? Could you be so kind as to supply their web address or give some hint why a google search does not come up with the website of Onyx?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Koudijs
OpenBOOX developer
Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: BeBook Neo
Official Onyx website: http://www.onyx-international.com/en/
Koudijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
You are a funny guy.If you google onyx you are directed to this page. So Onyx is not responsible for the lousy support. Ok, what about their not even having a website? Is this supposed to be better? Could you be so kind as to supply their web address or give some hint why a google search does not come up with the website of Onyx?
Did you try to google for Onyx International?
It is very first result.
http://www.onyx-international.com/en/
This is actually the Onyx Website. Not as good as it could be and a little bit outdated, but..

If I am selling products of a company it is still not a reason to call myself like the company and make the company responsible for my faults (IMHO).

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-11-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur

Quote:
So don't expect too much there and please don't call them Onyx! The guys aren't really working for Onyx - just selling Onyx products - so Onyx actually can't be made responsible for insufficient support of some stores, where the products of Onyx are in program.

My apologies, indeed I was not aware of that, and thanks for pointing it out. I guess I was misled because the onyx-international-website is somewhat out of date!

Btw, ebookreaderstore.de stirred today (perhaps they are reading this forum). Maybe the issue can still be settled. I will keep you informed.

My WLAN trouble is that it won't connect. I am a computer professional (not a network expert, though) and should be able to set up a wlan connection. I fact I did on several other clients, but not on this one. Meanwhile I found out that the access points refuse the connection because of an ostensible authorization failure, or a 4-way handshake fail. The onyx ebookreader then enters an infinite loop trying to connect all over again, and I have to turn it of to interrupt the infinite loop. Now I am pretty sure that I entered the correct key, and entered the correct MAC address at the access point as well.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #13
Marcela K
Marcela K began at the beginning.

Quote:
My WLAN trouble is that it won't connect. I am a computer professional (not a network expert, though) and should be able to set up a wlan connection. I fact I did on several other clients, but not on this one. Meanwhile I found out that the access points refuse the connection because of an ostensible authorization failure, or a 4-way handshake fail. The onyx ebookreader then enters an infinite loop trying to connect all over again, and I have to turn it of to interrupt the infinite loop. Now I am pretty sure that I entered the correct key, and entered the correct MAC address at the access point as well.
@Clark: have you found a solution to the problem? I'd be interested, as I am experiencing the same problem. Thanks!
Marcela K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcela K View Post
@Clark: have you found a solution to the problem? I'd be interested, as I am experiencing the same problem. Thanks!
Hi Marcela,

no progress yet.

See you later.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcela K View Post
I do not have any problems connecting WiFi. But I do not use MAC filter in WiFi AP, only WPA2 password.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx m92, onyx support, wifi