Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #1786
junior76
junior76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD 2x and Kobo Glo Hd 2x
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is the comma in the author field. It's taken as two authors. You want to put in the author as Christophe Mauri.

You can can select Authors and sort by last name or first name.
Thank a lot for your answer. I understand your solution (and I will do this if I have no choose) but, normally, Calibre allow to enter the author description like "Name, FistName".

The separator for the authors in calibre is the "&", not the ",".
junior76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #1787
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior76 View Post
Thank a lot for your answer. I understand your solution (and I will do this if I have no choose) but, normally, Calibre allow to enter the author description like "Name, FistName".

It could be the Kobo taking it as two authors. There's no need for lastname, firstname as Calibre sorts by lastname and Kob can sort by lastname or firstname as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #1788
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior76 View Post

The separator for multiple authors on the Kobo is ','. Dumas, Alexandre is considered as two authors.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:27 AM   #1789
junior76
junior76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD 2x and Kobo Glo Hd 2x
I resign myself. I will modify all the authors in my calibre library. Thanks for your answers.
junior76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #1790
Irian
Enthusiast
Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-650, Tolino Vision 3 HD, Kobo Libra H20
Unfortunately the "dismiss tile" feature of the plugin does not seem to work with a current Kobo Libre H20 (4.21.15015):

Tried it and while it has successfully removed the "Quick Tour" from the Home Screen, removing anything else (esp. Shop-related stuff) did not work. Ironically, factory reset was the only way to re-add the quick tour tile.
Also adding new tiles (browser) also does not work for me. :-(

Last edited by Irian; 06-10-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Irian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 10:29 AM   #1791
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irian View Post
Unfortunately the "dismiss tile" feature of the plugin does not seem to work with a current Kobo H20: Tried it and while it seems to have removed a tile from the upper right corner, shop, etc. is still there. Also adding new tiles (browser) also does not work for me. :-( Also seem to be unable to get back the tile in the upper right corner...
The dismiss tile function should do nothing with recent firmware. It was designed to work with the previous version of the home screen. That was change in the 4.1.x firmware (I think). If you want to remove the other tiles, you need to use the patching which is discussed in the Kobo forum.

As to the top-right tile. On a new device, it will show recommendations, an author or a collection. But, if you have three or more open books, it gets replaced by the third and fourth most recently opened books. Once you do that, something will appear there.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-10-2020 at 10:32 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #1792
Irian
Enthusiast
Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-650, Tolino Vision 3 HD, Kobo Libra H20
I made a factory reset and the tile there seems to have been "Quick Tour" (edited the posting above). Might be that it went away when I added a single book (and not related to the dismiss tile feature).

Any idea when the feature will be supported again, if ever?
Irian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:16 PM   #1793
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Was Quick tour part of the firmware back when the H2O was originally released? I don't remember seeing Quick Tour on the home screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:38 PM   #1794
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irian View Post
I made a factory reset and the tile there seems to have been "Quick Tour" (edited the posting above). Might be that it went away when I added a single book (and not related to the dismiss tile feature).
That sounds right. The top-right is used for other things until enough books are on the device and opened to be displayed there.
Quote:
Any idea when the feature will be supported again, if ever?
Never. The function just doesn't exist in the firmware any more.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #1795
PizzaC
PizzaC began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
highlights and notes

Hello,
Is there a way to restore the highlights and notes stored in Caliber DB to kobo?
I didn't find any mentions to this feature, so I think that's not yet possible.

There are any chance it could be implemented ? Or it's technically not feasible ?

What would be great is a layer of portability, from/to different ebook reader (also software one), using Calibre as an exchange warehouse.

Do you know any software already able to do that ?
PizzaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #1796
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaC View Post
Hello,
Is there a way to restore the highlights and notes stored in Caliber DB to kobo?
I didn't find any mentions to this feature, so I think that's not yet possible.

There are any chance it could be implemented ? Or it's technically not feasible ?

What would be great is a layer of portability, from/to different ebook reader (also software one), using Calibre as an exchange warehouse.

Do you know any software already able to do that ?
Technically, it is possible, but, I haven't seen any software to actually do it. I have outlined the steps to do it several times over the years. A search of the Kobo forum should find it. If you can't find it, I'll look for it later, but I need to go to bed now.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:38 PM   #1797
PizzaC
PizzaC began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
I had already searched for this kind of information without results.
I appreciate very much if you may link it.
Thank you so much...and good night
PizzaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #1798
JJ Johnson
Connoisseur
JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JJ Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
I'm interested in using Calibre to manage collections on my Kobo Libra. Is this the place to start, or can it be done without the plugin?
JJ Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:26 AM   #1799
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Johnson View Post
I'm interested in using Calibre to manage collections on my Kobo Libra. Is this the place to start, or can it be done without the plugin?
I think the best place to start managing collections is using Kobo Touch Extended Driver Collections are managed from there.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #1800
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Johnson View Post
This plugin has a couple of function for collections, but, they are more about cleanup. As @Terisa de morgan said, the collection are managed using the driver. Either the built-in KoboTouch driver or the KoboTouchExtended driver that she mentions. For how to do this, see https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities