Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Stop the Apple iPad Fanboy Articles...

This man seems angry....

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365786,00.asp
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
That's John Dvorak, and I think he came pretty close to nailing it. It's really funny, if you think about it.

At least people have something new to hate here, it used to be the Kindle and Amazon, and that was getting kinda old...
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Dvorak? He isn't angry. Just having some fun with Apple users-for more hits to his stories, of course:
http://www.scripting.com/2006/06/09.html

Quote:
I was talking with Dvorak at the Vloggercon party this evening, and he started telling a story about how he deliberately pisses Mac users off to get flow for his stories, and I said, hold a minute, I want to record this, and shit if he didn't stop and repeat it for me and my video camera. I guess now I'm an official video blogger.
Scoble was there too:
http://scobleizer.com/2006/06/10/joh...s-for-traffic/

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMQv0j29WHA

Android users weren't too happy Dvorak seemed to have moved on from Apple to Android:
http://www.androidcentral.com/dvorak...-apple-android

Telling Android users to shoot themselves:
http://phandroid.com/2008/10/23/pc-m...hoot-yourself/
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
This bit:
Quote:
There's an insecurity amongst Apple fanboys. It says that the company's products have a lot of flaws no one wants discussed. It's amazing how they stew in their own anger when the mildest critique appears. It's as if they are being personally targeted.
Is true of absolutely every device. See how ruffled all the eInk fans get about pro-iPad articles

Other than that, the article is just as blatantly pandering as the ones he is complaining about:
Quote:
I've yet to find anyone who can show me a useful app on the iPad, other than a text reader.
That's just rather sad flame-bait by someone desperate for attention
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
The Cranky Greeks is hilarious most of the time. People need to get a life, and quit getting their feelings hurt by references to the hardware or software they happen to be using. We are individuals, and what's good for one may not be for another, that's just the way it is.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
fishface
Connoisseur
fishface is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
pandering, uncritical "news" stories.
Somebody call the police! The interwebs, it is being pandering and uncritical!!! Oh noes!!
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
John Dvorak should get the SuperTroll of the year award,
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
anyways...sometimes good to stir the pot......
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #9
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Dvorak's been around a long time, always playing the cranky role and more than not, hitting a few nails on their heads. I love his stuff whether I agree or not. He's the original "Get off my lawn and pull your damn pants up!" cranky old man. Love it.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #10
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Yeah the iPad adoration can be a bit sickening at times...

...but at least it's not E-Ink!
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Cranky or not... he hit the nail on the head. My wife asked me if I was going to "upgrade" my kindle to an Ipad.

She and the majority of apple "fanboys" don't understand the difference between the two. Sad.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
I appreciate the man for going against the grain a bit. People get too caught up in the Apple marketing, they really do. I mean, the lines in NYC for iPhones were just absurd if you think about what they were offering....It's a PHONE...with some apps....not a device that performs open heart surgery!
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Dvorak is right about some of the over-the-top fanboyishness, but he's also a professional curmudgeon.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #14
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLee View Post
I appreciate the man for going against the grain a bit. People get too caught up in the Apple marketing, they really do. I mean, the lines in NYC for iPhones were just absurd if you think about what they were offering....It's a PHONE...with some apps....not a device that performs open heart surgery!
Perhaps with the antenna issues a lot of those fanboys will need open heart surgery in the near future.

Anyway, the author is right on the money. When obvious faults are being defended as "features" that is when fanboism starts.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #15
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
That guy looks like J.S.Bach from my elementary music textbook with some nerd glasses on. Gotta love what he says.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote