Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
NYT mini crossword clue

A clue in the NYT mini crossword today was:

"What print books have that Kindles lack"

The answer turned out to be:

INK

I object to that!

E-ink Kindles have ink in the screen.
That dye in that microencapsulated electrophoretic display can rightfully be called ink as much as the stuff printers use these days.

Join me in taking up torches and pitchforks?
Or am I mistaken?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
A clue in the NYT mini crossword today was:

"What print books have that Kindles lack"

The answer turned out to be:

INK

I object to that!

E-ink Kindles have ink in the screen.
That dye in that microencapsulated electrophoretic display can rightfully be called ink as much as the stuff printers use these days.

Join me in taking up torches and pitchforks?
Or am I mistaken?
"To err is human, to forgive divine" goes the old Alexander Pope axiom or "trope" as you would have it in his "Essay on Criticism".

I read the NYT regularly to scout the lay of the land, and they make many errors and likewise show little forgiveness "divine" or otherwise.

In fact I would invoke the other famous Alexander Pope phrase which fits the NYT even more so,
A little learning is a dangerous thing.

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert