Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
fivegoforth
fivegoforth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Audio book player for kids

Hi folks, I've been looking for a good mp3 type player (need at least 3) for our kids and us to use while we're travelling.
After some searching I've stumbled upon this forum which seams friendly and knowledgeable.
I've read and searched about but haven't found any conclusive info for what I'm looking for.

By the looks of it the sansa players seam like the best option but the only reasonable priced version and appears to be currently available is the "clip jam" model.

BUT can anyone tell me if:
- this model will bookmark tracks?
- there is an alternative that would suit our needs?

Features preferred would be.
Long batt life
"Lock option" for buttons.
4-8gb storage
And available in the UK
(Open to the option of using rockbox but don't know that much about it?)

Cheers
Iain

Last edited by fivegoforth; 11-14-2016 at 04:15 PM. Reason: removal of irelavent text
fivegoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivegoforth View Post
Hi folks, I've been looking for a good mp3 type player (need at least 3) for our kids and us to use while we're travelling.
After some searching I've stumbled upon this forum which seams friendly and knowledgeable.
I've read and searched about but haven't found any conclusive info for what I'm looking for.

By the looks of it the sansa players seam like the best option but the only reasonable priced version and appears to be currently available is the "clip jam" model.

BUT can anyone tell me if:
- this model will bookmark tracks?
- there is an alternative that would suit our needs?

Features preferred would be.
Long batt life
"Lock option" for buttons.
4-8gb storage
And available in the UK
(Open to the option of using rockbox but don't know that much about it?)
I don't have a Clip Jam and I don't use bookmarking, but if you check out the SanDisk forums, it appears that audiobook listeners aren't happy with the Clip Jam.

The Clip Sport (the model that preceded the Clip Jam) is what I've been using for audiobooks because it has great battery life (20+ hours), but otherwise I don't like it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert