Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #1
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Bookdesigner and LRF help please

I use Bookdesigner to generate LRF files for my Sony reader and have come across a snag. I find that in a line where there are two words joined by an emdash which together would not fit on the end of the line then the complete pair are pushed to a new line. Whereas it would look better if there was a break either before or after the emdash.

Eg

undecidedly— (line break)
whereupon

would look much better instead of

undecidedly—whereupon (on a new line leaving large gap at end of the previous line)

Whenever I ask for help with Bookdesigner I am often told that there are better and newer programs and formats to use but after years of experimenting with these I find that, for me, this combination is the winner. I am just an old fashioned girl at heart.

I know HarryT wrote a very helpful guide on using Bookdesigner but this particular problem is not mentioned there so I would be grateful if there are any Bookdesigner diehards out there who might be able to help
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Use the emdash with a space:

I use Bookdesigner to generate LRF files —a proprietary ebook format— for my Sony reader.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #3
lizzielou
Connoisseur
lizzielou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, 300, 350 & 650
Thank you Pablo that is a good idea and I may do that from now on. However, I have hundreds of books like this and I don't want to go back and edit them all to put the spaces in the correct places. I was hoping for a Bookdesigner option so that I could just regenerate them.
lizzielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I don't think that's possible...
The problem is that the Reader software considers "undecidedly—whereupon" as a single word.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzielou View Post
Thank you Pablo that is a good idea and I may do that from now on. However, I have hundreds of books like this and I don't want to go back and edit them all to put the spaces in the correct places. I was hoping for a Bookdesigner option so that I could just regenerate them.
You could just use a search/replace in the books.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert