Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #151
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have to second the Garrett PI books too and did not realize book seven was out. Thank you.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:00 AM   #152
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
The last two books in The Lost Regiment series by William Forstchen came out as ebooks this month. All eight are now available. I had 1-6 in paper, so I've never read the last two. Hopefully Forstchen will bring his Ice Prophet series to ebook next.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #153
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Empire Trilogy from Raymond Feist's Riftwar Cycle is coming out as an ebook in August. These three books were co-written with Janny Wurts. I have them in paper and really liked them. Servant of the Empire, Mistress of the Empire and Daughter of the Empire. In addition, the first three books of his Riftwar Cycle, Magician, Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon are being released (already got these in ebook).

I always thought the first two trilogies (the ones listed above) that Feist wrote in his first decade (82-92) were his best books. I also liked his Farie Tale, which was written during this time period.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #154
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The Empire Trilogy from Raymond Feist's Riftwar Cycle is coming out as an ebook in August. These three books were co-written with Janny Wurts. I have them in paper and really liked them.
They've been available for years from Amazon UK. £9.49 for the trilogy. Very good books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #155
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They've been available for years from Amazon UK. £9.49 for the trilogy. Very good books.
You must be trying to trigger one of my famous rants.

A number of my favorite books were available as ebooks in the UK long before they made it to the US. Eddings books, and some Moorcock books come to mind.
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #156
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

A number of my favorite books were available as ebooks in the UK long before they made it to the US. Eddings books, and some Moorcock books come to mind.
Works the other way around too, of course. Eg, Asimov's "Foundation" trilogy isn't available in ebook form in the UK, but it's been out for years in the US.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #157
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:

And all those Dick Francis books that Harry is enjoying so much. It's the books put out by his first publisher (Harper and Row) that aren't available as ebooks. Wonder what the problem is.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #158
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
And all those Dick Francis books that Harry is enjoying so much. It's the books put out by his first publisher (Harper and Row) that aren't available as ebooks. Wonder what the problem is.

Jim
Yes, they're all published by Penguin in the UK. The usual situation of different UK and US publishers.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:55 AM   #159
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

The Forgotten Beasts of Eld, by Patricia McKillip was released today as an ebook on Amazon. This book is one of the forgotten classics of the early 70's.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:09 AM   #160
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
The Forgotten Beasts of Eld, by Patricia McKillip was released today as an ebook on Amazon. This book is one of the forgotten classics of the early 70's.
Available on the Gollanzc "Gateway SF" imprint for those outside the US.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #161
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
I had it on preorder a few months back for I think something like $5.99 or maybe even less. A month later before it could be bought the order was cancelled and the book disappeared. It came back at a much higher price. I'll wait on buying it. The book I really want of hers is Fool's Run. It seems to be a fairly obscure title of hers at least not many people seem to have heard of it.

Last edited by crossi; 09-19-2017 at 01:40 PM.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #162
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
The book I really want of hers is Fool's Run. It seems to be a fairly obscure title of hers at least not many people seem to have heard of it.
This too is available from Gateway SF for non-US customers. £2.99 at Amazon UK.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #163
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This too is available from Gateway SF for non-US customers. £2.99 at Amazon UK.
Gah. All the books I want seem to be at the UK like most of the Eddings books. I keep waiting and hoping.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #164
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
Gah. All the books I want seem to be at the UK like most of the Eddings books. I keep waiting and hoping.
Take a virtual shopping trip to the UK. Kobo in particular make this very easy.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #165
crossi
Guru

Quote:
Take a virtual shopping trip to the UK. Kobo in particular make this very easy.
I've thought about it, but I really would prefer to have the books in Amazon's ecosystem. Currently I'm rereading a bunch of my old favorites and have a dozen or so new books bought but not read to keep me busy. As well as working on a rather large Skyrim mod that will keep me occupied for a few months. But I will think about it.

Tags
backlist, backlisted books