Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #16
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
That's the thing. There are no settings available to disable this behavior. Only thing you can do to prevent accidental charges is to delete associated credit cards from Google Wallet. This isn't really a fault of the developer - of course they're trying to make money. It's Google that needs to implement fail safes. On the PC, even when you're logged in to your Google account, you're still required to enter your password again when you try to pay for something using Google Checkout (now Google Wallet). Why is a similar restriction not in place for the Android Marketplace?

Personally don't have credit cards associated with iTunes or the Playstation Store. I use gift cards exclusively for those.
In that case I can understand the OP's complaint, although calling it a scam is a stretch. It's certainly bad policy on google's part. The Sony store allows toggling this setting, and so does Amazon on the desktop.

Last edited by no.guru; 12-19-2011 at 07:21 AM.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #17
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
I've set up my Android so I have to enter a password before I can buy anything from the market. Saves a ton of headaches when my 6 year old plays with my phone.
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert