Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #31
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Guys - I love the Dresden novels but I have gotten the last several on AudioBook to sooth me during my commute. James Marsters narrates all of them and the voice adds a bit of snark to the character. Quite entertaining.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #32
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
My perceptions are coloured by having seen the TV series before reading the books, so my mental pictures of the characters are of the actors. Enjoyed both, does anyone know if there will be a second TV series?
Considering how long ago the first series was made and the apparent format changes the "SyFy" channel has made in the past few years, I'd say odds are slim.

Though you never know. Nicholas Cage (yup, THAT Nicholas Cage) was an exec on the show, so maybe he'll make something happen.
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #33
Mjaydakid
Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mjaydakid knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog View Post
Guys - I love the Dresden novels but I have gotten the last several on AudioBook to sooth me during my commute. James Marsters narrates all of them and the voice adds a bit of snark to the character. Quite entertaining.
What is "snark"
I have never read a Dresden novel but I have all the books on audio. They are great and Marsters' reading and interpretation is masterful. I now associate his voice with Dresden more so than the tv character & I have watched every episode (thanks to Hulu).
Mjaydakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #34
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjaydakid View Post
What is "snark"
Snark, short for snarky = a mix of sarcasm and dry wit.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #35
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool a thirty-something jeff goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
My perceptions are coloured by having seen the TV series before reading the books, so my mental pictures of the characters are of the actors. Enjoyed both, does anyone know if there will be a second TV series?
i saw all the tv episodes first as well, but i still cast the book characters in my head. harry looks and sounds like a thirty-something jeff goldblum.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #36
Spacechik
Enthusiast
Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3g WiFi
I read the books before I saw the series. I, too, was a little disappointed in the show and thought the humor was missing. However, the actress playing Murphy was exactly how I thought Murphy should be...unsmiling, demanding, and not a really good friend to Harry. Bob, I never pictured in my head as being a whole person. I prefer the images the words give me. Yeah, a young Jeff Goldblum, but not as goofy!!

The latest book Ghost Story is a complete departure from the rest but interesting. I'm not sure I like it. I'll have to read it again, and try to put it all together with the previous stories.

Still, I love Harry Dresden and will be sad when the series ends. Until then, I wait for the NEXT installment.

Leita
Spacechik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #37
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't think Clint is associated with a duster. Maybe a poncho?
Yes, the Man with No Name wore a poncho.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote