Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
DoubleEagle
DoubleEagle began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKcolor
I've got books in my Nook

That's right. I'm new to this mobileread game, but have a NOOKcolor loaded with good books, both free and paid, to read everywhere I go.
I think the ability to read just one book on an electronic reader is not so impressive, but the ability to carry an entire library with you is simply awesome. Fiction, history, regulations, manuals or darn near anything you want can now fit in your e-pocket. That's a deal.
DoubleEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Alm Hlgh
BelieveNLove Alm Hlgh
Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow, you're so excited that I'm excited. Please to meet you DoubleEagle. Look forward to reading your posts. ^__^

Alm...
Alm Hlgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

welcome to mobileread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:12 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, DE. Happy Nooking and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
DoubleEagle
DoubleEagle began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKcolor
Back in 2000, I was involved in a books on demand business near Jacksonville, FL. We used two laser printers (one color for the cover stock, one B&W that we printed duplex - 2 pages up, 2 pages down) to produce paperback books. Our "inventor" had merged a computer with a collating machine that cut and miled the pages, shuffled them and then applied hot glue to the book as it came through the machine. The software could download one book, print it and erase it, thereby not violating any copyright rules.
We found out shortly that this "slef-publish" business, which is what it turned into, required an editing staff. But material costs were about $1 for a book you could sell for $10, to help recover your investment costs. Unfortunately, the inventor was happy to build 5-6 units a year in his garage and sell them that way. So, I moved on.
It was at this time that we discussed electronic books and what would happen in the future. My coworkers would say, "No one would want to buy an eReader just to read one book," and they were right. But they failed to see the efficacy of carrying around an entire library, as we can do now with the NOOKcolor or other machine.
I was carrying around just one Tom Clancy paperback novel and it was heavier than my NOOKcolor. Now I have some 40 books loaded and am enjoying reading life once again. I commute by train, so this is a great time to read for me.
Downloading some of the off-copyright books, classics like Herman Melville, are a good way to build a library while saving money. Buying promotional coupons at Barnes & Noble (Spend $100, get $120 in coupons) was another way of reducing my costs. What B&N doesn't get yet is that they should be including eBooks in their annual membership card in order to create some incentive to grow the market!
Why the NOOKcolor and not an eInk Kindle? Well at the time, I refused to put out money for something I couldn't experience first. Some friends have Kindles and I do like the eInk, but the NOOKcolor operates on the Android system, so has other Applications or Apps now, with more on the way, and I thought it was a good method of dipping my toe into the Android system, before I started shopping for a new phone! That's it for now.
DoubleEagle is offline   Reply With Quote