Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #61
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try --margin-top. Not sure if it's overriden by --header, try it and see.

Yeah send me the lit file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #62
ZeBuddha
MonkeyWrench
ZeBuddha began at the beginning.

Device: SE K800i & PSP - looking at PRS500 :D
OK, probably a really stupid question, but just want to make sure.

It's not possible to convert from within the GUI (libprs500.exe)?

So I have to use the command prompt (with the various separate converters individually) to convert files to lrf?

- Again, sorry for the (probably dumb) question. I just ordered my PRS500 from the US (can't get it in shops here in europe) and need to convert hundreds & hundreds of ebooks in various formats all mixed together (I'm not very organized).

EDIT: As stated, very stupid question. Already found the answer on your website. Thanks for a great piece of software btw! (oh, and this means just ignore the rest of the post)

Last edited by ZeBuddha; 08-16-2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Answer already on website.
ZeBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #63
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

no the gui doesn't have an interface to the converters. Though that should change in the next few weeks ;-)

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-16-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #64
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The driver doesn´t work for Windows 64 Bit. Should be no problem to compile it for 64 Bit Windows (it is open source, isn´t it). Will check that out ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah i dont have a 64-bit machine or it would be no problem.
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #66
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBuddha View Post
OK, probably a really stupid question, but just want to make sure.

It's not possible to convert from within the GUI (libprs500.exe)?

So I have to use the command prompt (with the various separate converters individually) to convert files to lrf?

- Again, sorry for the (probably dumb) question. I just ordered my PRS500 from the US (can't get it in shops here in europe) and need to convert hundreds & hundreds of ebooks in various formats all mixed together (I'm not very organized).

EDIT: As stated, very stupid question. Already found the answer on your website. Thanks for a great piece of software btw! (oh, and this means just ignore the rest of the post)
You don't have to do it in command line. I have found in WinXP that drag and drop works, with the output placed in:

C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name_here
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #67
ZeBuddha
MonkeyWrench

At the risk of asking a stupid question again, is there any way to batch-convert files? I've tried using wildcards (eg. lit2lrf X:\SomeDir\*.lit or lit2lrf *.lit) but it doesn't work.

-----------------

Actually, I'm not even able to convert a single file in the same directory as libprs500 (renamed the .lit in the example below to remove spaces, etc.):

C:\Program Files\libprs500>lit2lrf Blah.lit
+---[ ConvertLIT (Version 1.8) ]---------------[ Copyright (c) 2002,2003 ]---
ConvertLIT comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details
see the COPYING file or visit "http://www.gnu.org/license/gpl.html".
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. See the GPL license for details.
LIT INFORMATION.........
DRM = 1
Timestamp = 2d04461c
Creator = 00000026
Language = 00000809
Writing out "Something_or_other" as "Something or other.htm" ...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 83, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 54, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 42, in generate_html
libprs500.ebooks.ConversionError:
WARNING: Read went past the end of file by 121057 bytes.
If the conversion process doesn't work, try to redownload the file.
Error reading file "C:\Program Files\libprs500\Blah.lit" --
LZXdecompress failed, status = 3.

EDIT: Tested w/ PDF file, following result after trying to convert:

C:\Program Files\libprs500>pdf2lrf blah2.pdf
Processing libprs500_0.3.95_zgqjkc.html
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
File "convert_from.py", line 82, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 78, in main
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1365, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 414, in __init__
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 511, in parse_file
libprs500.ebooks.ConversionError: libprs500_0.3.95_zgqjkc.html does not seem to
have any content

Last edited by ZeBuddha; 08-16-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #68
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You have to write a script to do batch conversions. As for that failing lit file, it's convertlit that's failing. You should contact that programs author. Most probably that lit file is either DRM'ed or corrupt.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #69
ZeBuddha
MonkeyWrench

That's strange. I have a separate instance of convertlit 1.8, and it can convert the .lit file from the test above with no problems whatsoever to HTML.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #70
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

lit2lrf is on your PATH you dont need to run it from the libprs500 directory. Try it from elsewhere.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 AM   #71
Excalibur
Excalibur began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBuddha View Post
At the risk of asking a stupid question again, is there any way to batch-convert files? I've tried using wildcards (eg. lit2lrf X:\SomeDir\*.lit or lit2lrf *.lit) but it doesn't work.
Put this line in a batch file named, say batch.bat:
Code:
for %%f in (*.lit) do lit2lrf --blank-after-para "%%f"
Then, run it in a directory where you want the contents converted. It is not recursive and will only work in one directory. I didn't need it to go to any directories below the main one, but if you want to figure out how to do that, go right ahead

Also, if you're finding that the stuff in your libprs500 directory isn't in your path when you open cmd, make sure you're not using Microsoft's "Command Line Here" power toy. I've noticed that for some reason, it doesn't use the path. Just go to start>run>cmd then hit enter. You'll have to navigate to the directory you want to convert lit files in, but if you make it a sub folder off your C:\ drive, there shouldn't be any problems.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 AM   #72
Radnor
Radnor doesn't litterRadnor doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I'm getting a strange error any time I upload a book to my prs500:

Unable to send book.lrf to device
File "main.py", line 348, in upload_books
File "libprs500\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 168, in run_session
File "libprs500\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 929, in add_book
File "libprs500\devices\prs500\books.pyo", line 282, in add_book
KeyError: 'tags'

The book shows up fine, but I'm afraid there might be some issue that pops up later. Can I safely ignore this message?

I've uninstalled the Connect drivers & rebooted before installing libprs500, and the reader is on the latest firmware from initially hooking it up to the Connect software.
Radnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #73
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah that's a side effect of some changes i made in the driver for the new beta gui. You can ignore it. It will be fixed in the next release.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #74
Excalibur
Excalibur began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 500
Just attempted to convert another LIT file to LRF and get this error:

X:\eBooks\>lit2lrf --blank-after-para book.Lit
File "convert_from.py", line 94, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 89, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 48, in process_file
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'verbose'

I'll add this to the bugtracker.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #75
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

typo use any2lrf in the meantime.

Tags
libprs500