Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 11:50 PM   #271
tinbilly
tinbilly began at the beginning.

Device: koa
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
Ok, first of all, sorry!
I thought I had it all ok...
My kindle was hacked fine on 5.8.1, I let it update OTA to 5.8.2.1.
Then I manually updated to 5.8.5.
KUAL won't open, my screensavers won't work.

So I put these update bin files in the mrpi package install folder:
rescue pack
jailbreak hotfix
usbnet
linkss
linkfonts

but after
Code:
;log mrpi
- KUAL still won't open.
what did I do wrong or miss out?

Thanks
From my experience, you have to downgrade to the initial firmware using the xxx_initial.bin file, then do the jailbreak again, after that manually upgrade to the latest firmware. Remember to turn the Airplane Mode on.

In my case, downgrading using "update_KOA_5.7.4_initial.bin", jailbreaking, then manually upgrading to 5.8.7.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by tinbilly; 12-04-2016 at 12:51 AM.
tinbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:50 PM   #272
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I guess you are currently very busy, but could we please have an updated version of FBGrab for Kobo FW 4.3.8842?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:54 AM   #273
negativeone
negativeone began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Can someone comment on which Rescue Pack I should use for PW3? It seems there are two listed in the section which applies to PW3, and I'm not clear on the differences.

Sorry to bring this back
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #274
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
K3 != PW3
The first digit of your firmware version is: "5"
That means: "Kindle 5 (series)", use the second block of links.

This one I could write in less than a 1/2 hour.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #275
negativeone

Hey knc1, thanks for the reply. I was looking at the following section, which is what I think you were referring to. It just lists two different Rescue Packs, and I was wondering what the difference is / which one would be better to use.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Packages targeting the Kindle 5 (Touch/PW1/PW2/KT2/KV/PW3/KOA/KT3):
Old 07-28-2017, 12:17 PM   #276
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeone View Post
Hey knc1, thanks for the reply. I was looking at the following section, which is what I think you were referring to. It just lists two different Rescue Packs, and I was wondering what the difference is / which one would be better to use.

Thanks
OK, so I wrote too long a post.

RP is the "Rescue Pack"
CRP is an optional add-on to the Rescue Pack.

That is: It is not a "Rescue Pack" itself, it is an optional accessory for the rescue pack.
CRP is the thing that lets you reboot into the alternate system if the cable is connected at the time of the reboot.
Even if you only forgot to unplug the usb cable and did not intend to boot into the alternate system.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #277
negativeone

Ah, ok. I see now, thanks. So the addon simply makes it so you don't have to manually place a file onto the partition in order to boot to diags.

Last edited by negativeone; 07-28-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #278
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Ninja update for the ongoing KOA2 investigations.

(Basically, updated fbgrab & kindletool, and naive KOA2 detection all across the board).
Nothing is actually packaged for the KOA2 yet, by design.

Here be dragons, I took a few shortcuts to save time.

That incidentally also includes the 32GB PW3 handling that had never made it to snapshots thus far ;p.

EDIT: And a quick refresh to pickup some minor KOA2 tweaks.

EDIT²: And a quick KindleTool update, which may or may not handle temporary files better on Windows.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-26-2017 at 01:39 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #279
bobcat4
bobcat4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
How could I get some logs from KUAL? KUAL exits when I try to get network info at Helper menu or when I try to run koreader.
bobcat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #280
knc1
Going Viral

KUAL writes a log, no option change required.
/developer/KUAL/work/*

Last edited by knc1; 02-10-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #281
bobcat4

dir is empty
Old 02-10-2018, 05:46 PM   #282
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat4 View Post
dir is empty
Then what you see happening is considered normal operation.

What device?
What firmware version?
What KUAL version?
Old 02-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #283
bobcat4

if I coose show network info or try to run koreader, the kual exits to main screen so it does not return to the kual menu.

PW3 5.8.11 (3243010037)
KUAL 2.7 (20160721,a)
Old 02-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #284
knc1
Going Viral

Update your installation of KUAL by installing from the archive attached to the first post of this thread.
(snapshots are marked: <version>-<snapshot number>)
You may have to use the booklet form on 5.8.x (Active Content support has been dropped for some devices on 5.8.x).

Last edited by knc1; 02-10-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #285
bobcat4

KUAL can start, does it mean the active content is supported?

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje