Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
BlackWinny
BlackWinny began at the beginning.

Device: PC + Tablet Chuwi CWI515 (a Windows 10 64-bit 10" tablet)
A <hr> tag in html

Hello Kovid !

Here is a very simple request for the HTML comments composer:
  • I would like to have a new button having the purpose to insert a tag <hr> at the entry point. Simply that, without any complicated option. Just that: adding a <hr> tag at the entry point by just one click with the mouse.

Could it be possible for a next release of Calibre?

Thanks in advance !

Off-topic : it seems also that the html string &nbsp; is not kept and is replaced by a common space when I validate the panel. Is it normal ? The non-breaking space before punctuations is very used in French, so also very used in the description of books by the writers and the publishers and its preservation is very important because if it is replaced by a simple space that leads very often to a weird disposition of the punctuation isolated alone at the next line if it stumbles exactly where the automatic linefeed occurs.

Last edited by BlackWinny; 07-01-2017 at 07:47 AM.
BlackWinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Type <hr>. Copy it. Then past it where you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:04 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
HEre you go: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7549da0ea843fe
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:53 AM   #4
BlackWinny

Great !

Thank you Kovid !

Being not at all a developer (I'm biologist and my only hobby is musician), I am searching where I have to copy/paste this code to make this button.

Is it in "Preferences" > "Advanced" > "Template Functions"?

And, if yes... I don't have access to the button "Create". It is disabled.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:44 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You either need to run from source or wait for the next release of calibre (which is normally weekly on Fridays.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
BlackWinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You either need to run from source or wait for the next release of calibre (which is normally weekly on Fridays.
So I'll wait for the next release, hoping that Kovid will add this little feature... because I am totally lost in the domain of development. I just know the basis of HTML and CSS to make simple but quite good (meaning perfectly readable) layouts of web pages without complications... but not more than that. When appears something which is way more advance than my knowledge I'm totally lost, of course. My job was the biology of the wildlife and of the evolution (and my hobby is the composition of music) so it is a totally different world.