Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #1
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
Moon+: how to set NO "background picture"

My moon+ reader does not seem to have the setting of no background picture. i have to choose one, and all of them are darker than white.

Who knows how to set no background picture or set a really white one?
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Click on the drop down arrow on background color under visual options and choose the white square and click save.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
nikoski
Zealot

Thanks, but as i wrote there no "white" there, each one is darker
I've read already about other users of Moon+ which did not have the option for no nor white background.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops sorry, I assumed you were looking at background *image*, not background *color*. There's two different choices. So under background color there is no white box? How odd.

I would try deleting and re-downloading the program as there should be a white box under background color to choose from. Sounds like a glitch. The other options would be to choose a theme, the one called "outdoor" is pretty white. Actually, scratch my idea about deleting the program and re-installing and try what I mention below first.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 04-08-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

This is what it should look like. You should be able to click on the circle to change colors. Or you can just move all the sliders to the far right for white and then click save.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04-59.png
Views:	570
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	121431  

Last edited by sparklemotion; 04-08-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
nikoski
Zealot

Sorry for any misunderstanding, but as i wrote in my first posting it's all about a background picture (not color) here

I have set the background color as white, no problem with that.

But i'd like to be able to choose "no background picture", i don't need any. Or if i have to choose anything than i'd like it to be as near as possible to nothing, which is "white". But there is no white.

This is a very strange feature that you cannot opt out of
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Yes, you cannot choose a plain white "background" from the options. However, the way the program works is whichever option you choose last is the one it uses.

So if you choose the background "color" as white and click on save, it will negate any background "picture" that is chosen. So whatever is listed for background picture won't matter. Hopefully that makes sense and clears it up? So while you cannot opt out of having a background picture technically selected, it wont matter, as you won't actually be using it if you choose the white "color" option as the background and save it.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 04-08-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

At least that is how it seems to work on mine, maybe yours is working differently and it layers both on top of the other? If that is what it's doing you can simply upload a plain white background for your background pic and use that then.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
nikoski
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
...and it layers both on top of the other? If that is what it's doing you can simply upload a plain white background for your background pic and use that then.
Yes, even if i choos white as "backgrounf color", the "image" remains in the color set for "background image".

Only when i set the design to "outdoor" i get i real white background.

I thought about downloading a white image but i'm not sure about the exact dimensions. Or does that not matter?
http://www.solidbackgrounds.com/soli...s-gallery.html
Old 04-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #10
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I generally use 600 by 960 pixels. I'm wondering if you're using the original moon reader+? I'm using the Pro version, so I'm thinking there may be differences between them.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
nikoski
Zealot

I've got the PRO version as well.
With the design setting "outdoor" i've got a very satisfying solution, so i think i do not need to use any backgrounds from the net.

Thanks a lot once more for your help! :-)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

You're very welcome! Glad the outdoor theme is working out for you.