Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
ynsymnr
ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question about Kindleear

Hey guys, I'm quite new on Kindle and staffs, using PW2 since nearly 1 month.
First of all if there's any other thread about my question sorry that I miss.
To get RSS news is not so difficult and there're some different solutions. But, most of them has got a delivery adjust 1 time per day. I just want to receive RSS feeds as much as possible frequent.
For example I follow some news paper sites by RSS. But headers in the news changing or in other words new headers taking place instead old one. So, what I want to do while I'm connected to Wi-Fi new headers should be downloaded lets say each hour.
I have prepared Kindleear app as well. But, as far as I could see it has same adjustment as 1 time per day.
Is it possible to make my request in Kindleear or is there any other solution for me ?
ynsymnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
cdhigh
Enthusiast
cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: KINDLE 3
I'm author of kindleear.
now kindleear has a 'hidden' feature that allow deliver more than one times per day.

refers to templates in folder 'books', add your '.py' file, and set parameter 'deliver_times' as a list of time, for example:

#would deliver news to kindles every two hours starts from 8:00
deliver_times = [8,10,12,14,16,18]

comments in code are writen in Chinese, please guess them as you can
cdhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:37 AM   #3
ynsymnr
ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.ynsymnr can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks a lot cdhigh;
But, I dont have any idea about py files.
Could you please give me more detailed statements that how to generate .py file kind of step by step instruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhigh View Post
I'm author of kindleear.
now kindleear has a 'hidden' feature that allow deliver more than one times per day.

refers to templates in folder 'books', add your '.py' file, and set parameter 'deliver_times' as a list of time, for example:

#would deliver news to kindles every two hours starts from 8:00
deliver_times = [8,10,12,14,16,18]

comments in code are writen in Chinese, please guess them as you can
ynsymnr is offline   Reply With Quote