Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
If one doesn't have an actual Kindle device, just an iPhone with a possible iPad in the future, how would you get a Kindle email address to send the books, too?
You get one as soon as you register your Kindle app with Amazon...
You can change it on Amazon via "Manage my Kindle"...
Good luck!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
So, if I register my Kindle app with Amazon on each device, they will be able to "share" the files so I can read on my iPhone and then open the same book on my desktop and be able to use the Kindle app there and it will open the same book at the spot where I stopped reading?

Sorry... It sound simple but not sure if my muddled brain is able to follow all of this.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
So, if I register my Kindle app with Amazon on each device, they will be able to "share" the files so I can read on my iPhone and then open the same book on my desktop and be able to use the Kindle app there and it will open the same book at the spot where I stopped reading?

Sorry... It sound simple but not sure if my muddled brain is able to follow all of this.
Correct but for one thing: Kindle for PC and Mac won't be able to download Personal Documents, so you won't be able to read your uploaded books on these...
However, it works with iOS and Android (plus of course, all the Kindle devices)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #19
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Soooooooo, if the rumors are true and Apple produces an iPad Mini and I load the Kindle app on it, that will work?

I already have an Asus Transformer and it's a bit heavy to constantly hold... so was waiting to see if they do come out with an iPad Mini that is around the size of a Nook.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #20
yegon
Connoisseur
yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yegon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hmm, ten months(!) after starting this thread I STILL haven't managed to get this to work (although admittedly I haven't tried for a long time) between iPad/iPhone. I must be doing something wrong.

Do I just email a .mobi file as an attachment from, say, my gmail account to my **@kindle.com/**@free.kindle.com? I can't send from the Kindle application on my Mac, there appears to be no option for it.

Not tried this for ages, I've been rocking a Sony 650 for a couple of years now, but having ordered a Paperwhite I'd really like to have this facility between my iPhone and Paperwhite.

Any help much appreciated.

EDIT: SOLVED! It wasn't working because you have to authorise the email address from where it's sent. HUZZAH!

Last edited by yegon; 10-15-2012 at 03:04 PM.
yegon is offline   Reply With Quote